• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MDS Weights vs. Polaris Weights

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Do the MDS weights really make as big as a differance as they claim? or should i stick with stock polaris weights?

Anything that can load the heel more will be better than stock IMHO. I use Bellybusters; they're not adjustable but a lot cheaper.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The best thing about the MDS is that we have a money back guarantee. If you buy them and try them and don't like them you are out about $5.29 to ship them back.

C
Mar 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
Im not so much loooking for Adjustability, but i am more so curious about the MDS weights because on thier site they have some good sounding claims, but im just wondering if mabey its to good to be true?:face-icon-small-con

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I can't say on the poo, but maybe this will help.

They work in the cats, I am going to try and get a friend to buy some for his pro so I can test them and report what I find, I ran them in a mod m1000 and they didn't work until I installed motor mounts and had my secondary rebuilt, then after those problems where fixed I saw the gain, on my TM8 at 10000ft on 6lbs of boost I pulled out the twisted clutching and installed the MDS setup on the hill and gained 9mph track speed, thats huge. Also cooler clutch and belt temps and the rpm's didn't bounce all over like before, after 4 10-15sec pulls I put my hand on the clutch and left it there to tell if it was hot, more like warm.

If I had a pro I would at least try them. FYI, if there is anything wrong with your clutching they will make things worse, or if you are not seeing the gains you think you should and have followed MDS's setup instructions call them and let them know, they will do there best to help you get what you are looking for, or refund the purchase.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Just got a set for my M8. Call Steve. I think he found more for the PRO. He was excited and wanted to talk but I didn't have time. I went from 66g cat weight to 76.4g MDS weights.

C
Mar 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
I can't say on the poo, but maybe this will help.

They work in the cats, I am going to try and get a friend to buy some for his pro so I can test them and report what I find, I ran them in a mod m1000 and they didn't work until I installed motor mounts and had my secondary rebuilt, then after those problems where fixed I saw the gain, on my TM8 at 10000ft on 6lbs of boost I pulled out the twisted clutching and installed the MDS setup on the hill and gained 9mph track speed, thats huge. Also cooler clutch and belt temps and the rpm's didn't bounce all over like before, after 4 10-15sec pulls I put my hand on the clutch and left it there to tell if it was hot, more like warm.

If I had a pro I would at least try them. FYI, if there is anything wrong with your clutching they will make things worse, or if you are not seeing the gains you think you should and have followed MDS's setup instructions call them and let them know, they will do there best to help you get what you are looking for, or refund the purchase.

Hymm well that sounds good!, mabey ill give them a try...
Wouldnt happen to know how much they cost would ya?

"At MDS adjustability was also a factor taken into account these weights have the capability of running 0-10,000 ft. with no moving parts, just straight forward thinking." Also would like to know if this is true? i ride around 1800ft and i go on mountain trips highesxt being probs 10,000ft so could i use the same weight?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I don't change a lot in elevation but on my turbo I could run 6-10lbs and still be in the rpm range, at 10lbs I wouldn't mind bringing the rpm down a little into the torque range but I could turn it down to 6 on straight pump gas if I needed and still be in the power, If I remember right I had it setup to run 8050-8200, 4lbs of boost should be the equivalent of 8000ft in elevation change. Even if you had to change weight all you need is a long t-handle allen wrench ($4.00 off the snap-on truck)

C
Mar 2, 2011
Saskatchewan
Hymm well im still sold on those gains you said you got, i ride probs 80% of thetime around 1800ft so ide probs leave them set up for that unless i could change them to about 8000

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Hymm well that sounds good!, mabey ill give them a try...
Wouldnt happen to know how much they cost would ya?

"At MDS adjustability was also a factor taken into account these weights have the capability of running 0-10,000 ft. with no moving parts, just straight forward thinking." Also would like to know if this is true? i ride around 1800ft and i go on mountain trips highesxt being probs 10,000ft so could i use the same weight?

You are looking at about $250. Adjustment is with different screw weights. Mine were around $260 with shipping and a Black Polaris spring.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
What about the Slp Mtx weights, are they not the same thing at 1/2 the cost.

Not sure on the pro, but on the cat you have to shim the clutch to fit the belt (total Bull Chit) and if you have ever changed weights in the MTX weights, What a freakin joke. By the time you paid for all the tools or get all that done the MDS weights are cheaper, then if you include your time for every change, I could have bought several sets of MDS weights.

Premium Features