• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mcx Intake

T
Mar 17, 2011
Central Alberta
Nothing against the mountain mod seat just think that the dash area is a better, more convenient spot for the intake. Looking at the mcx website shows that the bigger turbo kits run the charge tube on the outside of the frame. My 180 runs a hose tucked between the motor and frame, the idea would be to 180 degree the intake of the turbo and run a similar charge tube on the outside of the frame and put the intake up front.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Why re invent the wheel ? There are a million kits with either a stock seat and shroud with a snorkel or as Thistle said a MM seat with snorkel. Why make the intake longer ? No sense

T
Mar 17, 2011
Central Alberta
Makes no sense to not try to free up space, get a few pounds off my back and make it a better deep snow setup. Or I could just do what everyone else does..
Hardly reinventing the wheel

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I dont understand what your trying to do? You have the MCX turbo and u want to suck air from behind the windshield?:face-icon-small-con

The best thing about the MCX nytro is the rear intake with a tunnel dump, it never plugs off and when in handlebar deep snow if it does pile up back there u knock it with your foot and keep going where most sleds bog out. I swear these rear mount nytros would run under water. Thats the last place Id want my intake is up there where the snow is all coming over the hood. Plus then u get to listen to the sucking sound and BOV all day and it will drive u nuts.

T
Mar 17, 2011
Central Alberta
Lol what windshield?
Who knows where I'd put it hell with my headlight delete there is tons of room(no intercooler of course)
Have a cr tunnel dump works awesome, sounds better!
Sorry guys, the snorkel works... But it's fugly just sayin
As far as the turbo noise lemme hear it! Paid good cash for it, have to let someone else ride it so I can hear her in all her glory. Everyone out there with a 180 kit knows what I'm talkin about lol. Even when I put the lighter bov spring in I was tickled to finally hear what we goin on( just have to figure out a way to make her whistle a little more instead of that gush)

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
LOL. Not much glory in a 180 kit ! It's like riding a stock Polaris. Just sayin LOL

T
Mar 17, 2011
Central Alberta
Hahahaha......beat it
Jk
So I take the lack of response means that nobody has looked into this but some are curious. Does anyone have any insight as to if there is enough room to do something like this?

Premium Features