• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

McCall grooming???

Grooming is happening........spoke with a groomer driver today and they plan on having everything groomed before Christmas weekend. Rode into Sesash yesterday and the trail was groomed nicely.

Why the groomer website hasn't started updates is a mystery.

rode Brundage yesterday and it was not groomed. Deadwood was not groomed last week. At least they have started grooming somewhere though!

Snow was good, headed up left side of reservoir and played in the trees over to Wongs, over to black dog lake and then in Duck but the snow was thin in black dog and duck. started making our way back riding trees on Slab and the snow got really good.

Not too tracked up but I bet it will be by this weekend! Stay safe and read the avy reports.

Grooming Report

The Valley County Grooming Report is being updated on a daily basis as the different trails are groomed.
The trail from Warm Lake to Landmark was groomed this last week. The trails to Secesh, Fisher Saddle, Clayborn, Wallace Lane, Pearl Creek, and Brush Creek have all been opened up. Up Copet Creek and down to West Face are still pretty low snow so not sure when that will get groomed.
We definitely need more snow and a some temps to help set a good base.
Enjoy!

Secesh site up and running

I am posting the grooming as the reports come in from dispatch. I'm not sure what information you are looking for. It is the most up to date site in the area. www.secesh.net/Groomer.htm will take you to a smart phone friendly groomer report updated every morning following grooming.

seen something today i never have see before. out of the upper lot we are the second set of sleds out of the lot with fresh corduroy only to find the trail was 1.5 to 2' whoops with a groomed look. how do you make a whooped out trail look like it was just groomed? also found 1-2' deep canyons in sections of the trail along with mounds at random. 15 years riding and i have never see this before. just a guess the groomer driver was on the job for about 6 hours on there first day with 0 training. do us all a favor and save the gas and leave it parked until you can find someone new please!

Easy, that's what we call just going for a sno cat ride. All the groomer driver was doing was using the powder bar on the back of the sno cat. They were not pulling a drag. Happens a lot where I ride. Big waste of time and fuel.

Premium Features

Back