• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Max riser height?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Got the mid bars, know I can go +1" to get me to the same height as the high bars.

Question is, can I go +2" over mid (for a total of +1" over the high bars?) Assuming there are some cable ties to cut...dont want to do extended brake/throttle lines or anything like that.

• 2 Stars
Reactions: TRS
S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
People still use high bars hey? I'm 6 foot and the lows are perfect height for technical tree riding. Are you super tall?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
With the mid bars I think you could get away with 2-3” without problems. I had a pro with high bars and 2” riser. That being said, on my sled now I have the mid bars, no riser, I’m 6’ and I love it

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
2" on tall bars works. I'm 6'5 and am running a 2" block with the Fly/NXTLVL bars (which are a little shorter than the tall protaper). I wouldn't go any taller regardless of cable. It's a good setup for my height relative to the height most shorter riders are using. You get plenty of control and it is comfortable when you get used to keeping your knees bent - which is important anyways. In other words, it forces you to be a better technical rider and avoid the pitfalls of having bars that are too high/tall. That being said, you also might be able to at another 1/2 or so if you run a finger throttle.

Also, you might really like getting different bars and rips. Stock bars and grips have a pretty small diameter for people with bigger hands. Putting the ODI ruffian grips on fly bars and cheetah bars have given my hands a lot of relief. I tried running RSI bar hooks on the protapers for a while, but it's way too wide - and if you cut the bars down in width they no longer accept the hooks because of the internal "taper"

Premium Features