• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Max riser height on 2015 Freeride (Answer)

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I just put 8" on mine, and I don't recommend any higher. I'm 6'5" so I need it.

Putting this out here in hopes that someone else with the question sees this.

The throttle cable actually required me to slide the throttle block towards the center of the bars a tiny bit.

And do not purchase the Doo Powermadd block. It will not fit, go with the Fly risers if you do not want adjustable.

M
Apr 2, 2013
I'm 6'5" too and I lowered my stock XM setup an inch. You're right about the PowerMadd adapter, i've seen guys use them and they are a mess!

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
We gonna have to start a 6'5" club?

So if i wanna go higher, it will take a new throttle cable?

Was thinking i wanted to go up 5 over stock, with wider bars. SO 8 riser, and bars would get the rest.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Stock is 5, I went to 8.

No added anything for up to 8 total... But you won't go higher!

And Murrin, I have no idea how you went lower, you must be made of rubber

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
And yes I kept the factory bars... So standing there with my hands out I needed the stock height bars up 3 more inches. Hope that helps

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You guys must be TALL. Or I am short, lol. I took the 5 off, installed a 3.
Just an FYI, I did a forward mounted post on my Summit last year, with a 2" riser. It was fine for 800 miles, then the new owner turned the throttle block up, with the flipper aiming at the sky, (I have no idea how guys ride like that.) Anyway, his first ride, the cable managed to loop around the end of the steering post bar, catch, and when he turned, it yanked the cable apart at the throttle body, sending it WFO into a tree. When he rotated the block it put just enough tension on it to make it hook the post.
So long story short, these sleds are a little critical to cable routing if changing the stock height. :)

M
Jan 13, 2013
I just put 8" on mine, and I don't recommend any higher. I'm 6'5" so I need it.

Putting this out here in hopes that someone else with the question sees this.

The throttle cable actually required me to slide the throttle block towards the center of the bars a tiny bit.

And do not purchase the Doo Powermadd block. It will not fit, go with the Fly risers if you do not want adjustable.

I am 6'3 and seem like I have to bend over a little too far. I have a 2015 free ride 146. I was thinking of going an inch or 2 higher. Is there anyway to do this or would it need to be 3" like you did. Please advise what I need to tell my dealer to get. Thanks!!

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
6'4" and I left my summit stock. Sometimes I think I should raise it but for the most part stock works fine. I find that I don't spend a lot of time with my feet up in the footwells so I'm not sure modifying anything would change my experience.

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I am 6'3 and seem like I have to bend over a little too far. I have a 2015 free ride 146. I was thinking of going an inch or 2 higher. Is there anyway to do this or would it need to be 3" like you did. Please advise what I need to tell my dealer to get. Thanks!!

I changed the riser myself... You can do whatever height you want, but I've never dealt with a dealer on this issue honestly

Premium Features