• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Magruder Ride?

D
Apr 4, 2013
Thinking about riding the length of the Magruder Corridor next season - from Darby, MT to Elk City, ID. Anyone out there done this ride, or have any ideas about it? I've traveled the road in summer, but haven't done much exploring in winter. Any advice welcome.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I did it once back about 15 years ago. The road disappears in the steep wind loaded areas, so you must be able to sidehill for long distances through deep drifts. It is a longggggg ride through, so you need to be in very good shape physically. You will need to pack a LOT of fuel, or do as we did (stashed a barrel of fuel mid way before the snow flies).

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
Its a helluva trip. My uncle and grandad have been riding that area for 40+ yrs. They used to do it with oly's, twin tracks, elans, etc. I can get you in touch with them if you want more info. As stated above, a lot of that road drifts solid. Long trip, lots of fuel, long ways from anywhere. Not for a novice for sure. I've been through there a bunch and its a blast. Really neat area. Also, a big fire went through there last yr or so and open up a lot of area.

Premium Features