• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

madsigntist/MadFab Design Guage Cage-Lifter-Vent

Ordered 3/10/2011 (Thur), arrived 3/14/2011 (Mon).

Thanks Matt (madsigntist)!

Great fit, the bolts fit tight in the holes, no slop/play.
Good instructions. One note of clarity; the teflon washers [I assume] go between the guage plate and base plate.

Install time was 1-1.5 hour for me (after removing the hood, and getting it inside on the table). But I took some pics along the way.
I did remove the windshield/headlight, and highly suggest you do so for the install, much easier to deal with wires, drill holes, and install nuts.
Those plastic grommets on the w/s trim were a pita..
Also as mentioned in the instructions, dealing w/ the rubber grommet around the gauge is prob. the most annoying part. I got it wet, and it seemed to help..but it was still a hassle. It came out easier than it went in, oddly enough...or maybe not?

PB Album Link

Holes Drilled
03holesdrilled.jpg

Base Plate Attached Under-Side
05baseattachedundside.jpg

Base Plate Attached Top-Side
06baseattachedtopside.jpg

Guage Attached Back-Side
08guageattached.jpg

Guage Shot From Front
11guagefrontshot.jpg

Guage Shot From Side
09guageside.jpg

Guage Shot From Riding Position
12guageshot.jpg

Last edited:
Also working on some custom venting around the sides of the cowl/behind the head light area.

I think this sled is going to be plenty cozy in the spring/summer, need to get that "rising heat" out.

This vent should actually help that situation quite a lot, but I don't believe in too much venting.... ;)

Nice Work! Looks Good. It lets alot of heat out of the hole.
Awesome goggle de-fogger too.
Yes the rubber grommet is a PITA. Tight is the word.
I'll go over the instructions and make sure its clear for the reader.

Thanks for the tips and the pics!:face-icon-small-win

I would like to have the gauge sit lower when complete. I ride with the Polaris low-chrome windshield and I have been known to roll my sled over when getting unstuck. That gauge would stick up above the windshield. Not sure that would be good. Other than that....I'm in!

I would like to have the gauge sit lower when complete. I ride with the Polaris low-chrome windshield and I have been known to roll my sled over when getting unstuck. That gauge would stick up above the windshield. Not sure that would be good. Other than that....I'm in!

I have no windshield and it works just fine rolling it over. You'd have to crush your bars before you'd crush your gauge.

Heard it "should" fit and looks like it might, but anyone actually installed this after already having installed the slp air intake made for the pro that fits under it right up next to it. I put my intake as tight to the gauge as I could and still make it fit the angles.

Premium Features

Back