• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 attitutde settings

U
Apr 8, 2008
Utah
The sled is a 09 m8 full race setup

I am running 9 lbs on 100ll
fuel psi 41lbs
green 4
yellow 3
red 0
green/blue 5
red/blue 7.5
afr 11.8-12.0
9000-11000 feet

My questions are, first it seams a little boggy on bottom end. I am wondering what numbers others are running also should I be running 100% 100ll

Has anyone else seen this problem. The first and second ride out everything ran unbelievable third ride out all day was great until the way back to the trailer sled bogged and almost died. I noticed the blue light on the attitude box was on solid like i was always in the turbo setting and I had to limp back to the truck. Got home pulled it off the trailer and everything was fine. Got it in the garage and dried it out talked to shain and he said that it was moisture in the sensor, dry it out it should be fine. dried it out and fired it up again everything ran perfect. So we went out again and it ran well for about an hour then same thing. the part that has me concerned is that it happened at the exact same spot as last time which happens to be at the lowest elevation we ever get. needless to say i talked to shain again and he swapped me out boxes and says that he has seen it before but it is very rare

also are you guys mounting the attitude box somewhere other than on the bars to keep it out of the conditions

sorry for the long post and thanks Hatchers for all your help Troy

12-11-10 042.jpg

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
the hard route is to lower the fuel pressure, this will basically cut fuel across the rpm range....but you dont really need to do this, jsut lower some numbers

an a/f of 11.8-12 is too rich...find something near 12.5, but not much closer to 13...then maybe lower another color

lower the green/blue first, maybe all the way down to 5???

always keep an eye on codes 21 and 23

i had my box on the bars and hated it, now its velcro'd somewhat closer to the key area or just left of the steering post exit on the plastic bulkhead

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
21 is minimal det detection

23 is full blown deto detection...im guessing 23 comes around when code 21 is current for X amount of time

ive hit 21 a 100 times, dont freak out, just do one of 3 things...add fuel/more octane/less boost

M
Nov 9, 2008
Butte, Montana
If you drop elevation fairly quick, the blue light will come on and stay on. At this point the sled won't run right until you shut it off and start it again so the attitude box can re-calibrate for the lower elevation, at which point the blue light should be out, and the sled should run normal again.

Premium Features