• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 2007 turbo need suggestions

about to the pull the trigger on a 07 turbo with almost the whole sled being modded. It includes a boondockers RG turbo with low miles on her. Any reason why this would be a bad purchase ? has be ran at 10lbs and will continue to ride at that number primarily....

coming off of a skidoo xp etec, dont know 100% the ins and outs of the M series but have seen so many on boost so thought id join the band wagon :face-icon-small-coo

they are a pain in the *** to tune- ok if you ride in the same elevation

but if your like me and ride anywhere from 4000 to 10,000, they aren't overly user friendly, I'll be it I ran a big bore D&D901 with Avgas which added to the issues, much harder to tune. but Avgas Rocks!!

I would say it depends on the era of the "kit" on the sled. It if is a 2007 race gas kit, it will not be as user friendly as the newer kit.

I have the new style boondocker race gas kit, with EBC, and ADA, and run the same numbers at 1000 ft, that I do at 10,000 and A/F and EGT's are consistent, and the sled runs well at both elevations. I am basically running boondocker recommended numbers, with fuel pulled across the board in the off boost ranges.

If it is a 2010 or older BD kit I would plan on spending $2000 to make it run the way it should, (i e converted to a twisted, cutler or OVS)

I should elaborate mine was a 2008 model box

no ebc, no ada it sucked

I would say it depends on the era of the "kit" on the sled. It if is a 2007 race gas kit, it will not be as user friendly as the newer kit.

I have the new style boondocker race gas kit, with EBC, and ADA, and run the same numbers at 1000 ft, that I do at 10,000 and A/F and EGT's are consistent, and the sled runs well at both elevations. I am basically running boondocker recommended numbers, with fuel pulled across the board in the off boost ranges.

i completely agree with this...

personally i would not purchase a 2009 or older m8 with turbo...
for sure i would want the 2011 bd kit or newer on a 2010 or newer m8....

about to the pull the trigger on a 07 turbo with almost the whole sled being modded. It includes a boondockers RG turbo with low miles on her. Any reason why this would be a bad purchase ? has be ran at 10lbs and will continue to ride at that number primarily....

coming off of a skidoo xp etec, dont know 100% the ins and outs of the M series but have seen so many on boost so thought id join the band wagon :face-icon-small-coo

I have a 07 M8 with a bd pg kit (newer kit with ada) purchased and installed in 2010 and the sled has been bullet proof to date. I never have to play with settings or anything. Just pull rope and ride. It has been an awesome problem free fun sled! Considering upgrading it to a race gas kit soon.

i completely agree with this...

personally i would not purchase a 2009 or older m8 with turbo...
for sure i would want the 2011 bd kit or newer on a 2010 or newer m8....

Agreed, but what would it really cost to upgrade the kit to current specs?

Send in box, get EBC, what else is different?

I wouldn't COMPLETELY write it off if it really is in good shape, but like wyo said I'd expect to spend some money to get it "user friendly"... I'd think 2k is a bit on the high side though? If it were me I'd pull the BD box & put an attitude box on it, but that's just what I find to be simple to tune & easy to get to the "pull & go" stage.

I upgraded to the new EBC w/TPS - ADA - Fuel Board (vfd for the stock pump)
and it worked really well. Boondockers New Stuff works!

Premium Features

Back