• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 turbo died

im running a race gas turbo on my m7 and it run finr for 10 minutes then it would run good till it started to spool up then die out and pick up again then i lost all my dc power and would start i think i fried my stator anyone know where you can get a upgraded stator for the m7 or will an m8 stator work on it i herd the m8 stators put out alot more power

I've heard good and bad about RM stator. The m7 stator will work fine if you have everything wired CORRECTLY. Since the m7 has AC and DC it was very common for people to ground certain accessories inappropriately for this configuration. IE creating a short... This is why the m7 turbo has a bad rep for electrical issues. I installed an m8 CCU to keep everything regulated consistently.
How is everything currently setup?

Use a 09 up m6 stator and the factory dc converter will give you all the power that ypu need. just need to require the harness not a big deal. Country cat usually has take offs on eBay for under 250.

Premium Features

Back