• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 skid in older cat chassie

T

tblotske

has any one done this and how did it work out looking to do it and need to know the measuremints from the drive shaft to front arm and front arm to rear arm for 141 skid.

has any one done this and how did it work out looking to do it and need to know the measuremints from the drive shaft to front arm and front arm to rear arm for 141 skid.

Would be interesting to find out if anyone has done this..

TTT

We have M-series suspensions in at least 3 1M (AWS 5) chassis.

There were no problems doing it, the mounting geometry is the same. The only difference is the M-series front arm is 1" narrower, so some spacers are needed. You could also weld some extensions on the front arm, we have done that also. We haven't done a 141, just two 153s and a 162. I can get some pictures of the front arm this weekend if you would like, but here is one of the whole suspension in, but you can't see much.

mysled.jpg

my 900.JPG

Last edited:
Looks really good IDCatMan. Are those the HRP brackets on that skid? How much of an improvement were they?

They are hrp brackets, but I don't know how much difference they made as I have never ridden the sled with that suspension without them :cool:

I also forgot to mention that we did have to trim the rails on the 162 suspension to not hit extrovert driver tips. The 153s did not have extroverts and no trimming was needed.

They are hrp brackets, but I don't know how much difference they made as I have never ridden the sled with that suspension without them :cool:

I also forgot to mention that we did have to trim the rails on the 162 suspension to not hit extrovert driver tips. The 153s did not have extroverts and no trimming was needed.

yes the 153 DOES Have extroverts........

The 153 M-series does have extroverts. The 1-M chassis that we put the 153 track and suspension under did not....

Premium Features

Back