• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M6 or M8

hey guys im on the verge of buying a new sled and i have a tough choice on my hands. i came off an 06 rmk 900 and did not like it, was heavy and hard to throw around but did get me through the day in the steep BC mountains. Im 16 years old and 150 lbs, i went into our local dealer the other day looking for an m8 but they were all gone all they had was an M6. the sales man proceded to tell me that it has around 120-130 hp and would be around 420 lbs with the mbrp. im wondering if this 600 H.O. would get me through the day in the mountains in BC or if i should go up to the M8? would that 600 HO have roughly the same amount of power as the M7 models? thanks

Ive gof 2 m6s and the guy is lying they weigh the same as an m8 30 hp less they are 120 hp go with the 8

A m6 will be fine as long as everyone else in your group is on 600's. A guy in our group used to have one and was the same size as you. we all had 800s and he had to work like hell to get up some of the same hills. He ended up getting a m8 the next season. Remember to that a 600cc sled is gonna be pretty gutless at higher elevations to. hope this helps

The M6 is a great sled with good power, but the previous posts were right. In deeper snow, and/or at elevation, I bet you would be happier with the M8 in the long run.

right on the ocean in prince rupert but ride 1 hour away in terrace. i dont n the elevation. these sleds r fuel injected i thought the jetting and elevation type stuff didnt matter?

M6

I have owned an 05 and and 09 M6. They are really nice sleds. The engine is pretty much indestructable and they have respectable power. The thing that I do not like about them is the fuel mileage. Do not expect a sled that sips gas because they are hard on fuel in my experience. I have talked to a number of people who own them and no one is getting good MPG and I mean they are pretty terrible. Probably due to the map and having to push the engine a little harder. I ride an M8 now and it is much easier on fuel. Get the M8.

right on the ocean in prince rupert but ride 1 hour away in terrace. i dont n the elevation. these sleds r fuel injected i thought the jetting and elevation type stuff didnt matter?

I dont know whats your budget but i know everyone will agree get over a 2010 if it fits your price range. Also i say m8 5lbs heavier and 30-40hp more. Also why buy off a dealer you will always get better deals privatley

If you are even questioning power and having enough...M8. Best motor ever made IMO. And I have a M1000 and love it...but the M8 doesn't give up much to it. M6 is great with a lighter feel, but HP rules in the mountains. M8 wins.

The newer M6 motors do NOT have the same power as the M7s. The M6 motor was the exact same from 2005 to 2011, same HP, around 120 or so. They are good and durable motors, but don't expect them to perform like the larger engines. If you are happy with 120HP though, they are a good choice

Premium Features

Back