• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1200+Boost=HP=what fuel octane?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
I've got a Linderman built M1200 that works amazing BUT, I always want more. I was thinking of adding a turbo but as I do mostly tight tree riding I don't want to go to high on the boost numbers and risk losing the torque. Here's the question; 8-10 lbs of boost, what kind of HP is realistic out of it and what octane is needed to run worry free? And is 8-10 lbs enough or am I wasting my time? Thanks in advance for the input.

I've got a Linderman built M1200 that works amazing BUT, I always want more. I was thinking of adding a turbo but as I do mostly tight tree riding I don't want to go to high on the boost numbers and risk losing the torque. Here's the question; 8-10 lbs of boost, what kind of HP is realistic out of it and what octane is needed to run worry free? And is 8-10 lbs enough or am I wasting my time? Thanks in advance for the input.

I have a linderman ported turbo 1000 motor in my sled 100 ll fuel 10 t0 12 lbs 5000 feet and up

Im thinkin his porting specs probably arent the same for a N/a 1200 and a turbo! I would check with him on that! Im sure he will have the best answer!

1200 at 10lbs boost is insane def not a waste of time! No considerable lag but you better be a rider if plan on puting it to its limits in the trees! Absolutly kills a 800 at similar boost!

Thanks for the input guys. Brent did say he'd have to change the porting a bit but it didn't sound like too big a job. My 1200 runs so much better than my ported 1000 did that's what got me thinking about boosting it, hopefully it runs as well with a whistle.

i run a twisted 1200 rg kit,with 12 pounds boost,shane ran it on premium fuel with his boost juice when they went through it and cleaned up after the initial install not done by them,I had some problems with gelling in my tank when i went to av gas[101 low lead]plus the octane booster .We run around 5500 ft at top of mountains around here,I now run c 14rg just to be safe and not worry about it,probably a little overkill.have ran the 1200 dd kit without boost and works good,Nothing like a boosted sled,I will put it to you this way and save you some money,If you are a modder you will put the turbo on, so you may as well do it now and then you dont have to mod anymore.just my opinion,but it cost me a lot to get to be able to give it:face-icon-small-coo

Bcguy where was that advice 3 years ago lol. Your absolutely right I just wish I woulda bucked up and done it 3 years ago. It's like my buddy put it, I'm pot committed now. Trying to sell the sled is a waste of time but really, how much more money does a guy put into his sled before he cuts his losses and starts over? Honestly, I'm asking?

my 1000 is fin' sick at 9-10lbs,

Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rode one this yesterday and it was incredible and no lag at all at 10 lbs. In and out of the throttle and no hesitation.

I too have a 1200 Arctic Edge Motor and I have lightweighted my sled it now weighs 550 RTR. I am debating to sell it and take a big loss and then buy a proclimb 8 and turbo it. Am I crazy for thinking this or should I just turbo my 1200?

My buddy has a fully built 09 m1200(Linderman) with a 174 3 inch. Full susp front and rear. Ovs turbo with cutler fuel system.9-14 pounds. Thing is insane. He built it In october. He's selling it Due to baby on the way. 14g wud buy it. He has over 25 in it. If ur interested let me know. He's from Calgary.

I've got everything I need on this sled already so if I am looking for a turbo 1200 then ill just do mine.

Just was wanting insight from people about either a turbo 1200 or a turbo proclimb 800.

Sorry for hijacking this thread too by the way

if your running 2 injectors and RG

4 total
it should be about 350-360 HP

Premium Features

Back