• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 turbo 3" 7 or 8 tooth???

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
So I know there's a ton of threads similar to this and I think I've read all of them... Which has left me more confused so I'm just gonna ask!
M1000 with Linderman turbo porting and head work, Boondocker 3071 RG running 12-14 lbs, 60/60 gearing, clutches cut and working good.
I have a 162x2.5" now with 8 tooth drivers but I've got a 162x3" I want to put in. Do I leave the 8's or put in 7's?? I'm about 240 all geared up and ride primarily thick trees at 5000-6000 ft.
Any input would really be appreciated, thanks in advance??

You will get varied opinions on this all day long, but I stand firm on the 7t driver because the 8 does not have enough clearance (on some sleds NONE). Snow cavitation and drag will cause you more loss in performance than just doing a 2.6 Powerclaw if you are going to leave the stock drivers in.

Also, note that it is not as easy as it sounds to swap out to 7t drivers. You will need the BDX Diamond Lite drive and the M7 style driveshaft.

12-14 psi on a m1k at 5k WOW step a side yammis. put a 2.6 on it and leave the 8t in place.
what are you running in the primary like 98G?

Wow, I didn't see that boost ###! I know my M1000 is nasty at 6 or 7 lbs., this one must be a rocket!

Thanks for the info guys! I'll plan on doing 7's for sure.
And yeah it takes a ton of weight! I'm running D&D Turbo Mags for an 1100 turbo, they have a very aggressive profile and seam to bring the boost up way quicker than anything else. At 10-12lbs 97.5 loaded primarily in the mid tip is good. At 12-14 lbs 102 loaded from the tip too mid heal seams happy. That's giving some RPM leeway between 7650 and 7800 depending on changing elevation and temps etc.
Just my two cents since you asked��

T urbo 1000

NICE Im only running 9lbs with cutler 95-105 turbo wts at 95 works good for me, as far as the track Im still running the 162,2.5 camo x

I tried 8 tooth big fail get 7 tooth and a diamond lite you need the 3 inch to take advantage of the boost anyone talking about keeping the 2.5 is cheating themselvs. With the 8 tooth I could feel every padded going by the heat exchanger and destroyed a belt second ride. I changed to 7 tooth aND went a year with out changing a belt. Putting the 3 inch track on was almost as good as putting the turbo on.

Compression ratio?

Wow what compression ratio and fuel, timing to run this boost at 5000 ft?
What inter-cooler?stand alone?
Your arms must be 2" longer pulling the throttle on this!
My two cents: I agree 7" drivers as 8" drivers load wet snow in tunnel on mine.

Premium Features

Back