• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 motor mounts

R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
After getting my clutching dialed in pretty close it is still chewing up the belts. The motor mounts are feeling a touch squishy so I am going to replace them along with adding Lindermans mount. 1750 miles on the sled.

I read a thread here not too long ago about a certain year had a higher durometer rubber in the mount. My machine is a 2008 m1000 standard edition 162. I did a search and didnt do so well finding the information. Does anyone know what are the best mounts to put in it and maybe some part numbers?

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
just order all the mounts from a 10-11 m1000 and you will have the stiffest mounts. along with the linderman mount you will be golden and put even more power to the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaper
B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
or press out old mounts n use the 06 m7 mount it will save u ton of cash do all mounts with this one it is green dot mount look it up or do search on m1000 motor mounts i have part number listed with pictures of mounts u should try when u r in there i highly recomend the one under motor or just do 2 torque arms with the brent lindermn mount if u r close to sk i have mount for sale this added 300 miles to my belts but mounts r saged again so time to add torque arm with new mounts good luck

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
part # is 0608 404 this is 60 duro mount the updated green dot mount use in all the mount brackets either press old ones out or use large socket and a hammer works great did a ton of theses this year best mount they have the solid ones break too fast and r not as stiff rubber any way but if i were to do it again i would do brent linderman mount with 2 torque arms one on each side of motor plus one mountunder motor on pto side then u should not have any movement and it will keeep correct alignment all day long also use locktite red when u re instal mounts

Reactions: Reaper

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
I have the same sled and this is what I did.

On the stock plate: I put a 50 duro mount #0608-405 in the front, a 60 duro mount in the lower rear #0608-404, and finally a stock duro mount (the only good one I had left out of all mounts on the sled) in the top rear. The reason is if you put a stiffer duro mount in there it will break the bulkhead on top.

Bottom/Front of motor, PTO side: I purchased a stock front mount and used angle alum. and mounted it horizontal from the front support to the angle alum. mounted to the bottom of the motor on the PTO side. Made a difference in the front to back movement of the motor.

Stock Rear Mag Mount: I pulled out stock mount and replaced with 60 duro mount, part number above.

Linderman mount: I then installed the Linderman Mount on the Mag side.

During this process I shifted the motor over for the 1.507 offset vs. the 1.655 offset.

The sled vibrates a bit more at idle, but I noticed clutch temps are down and I have been running the same belt since then..... so far double what the last one lasted.

Also, once motor mount changes I had to make slight changes to the clutching as well.

Good luck. I know others have covered some of this already........ just what I did and so far the best thing I have done to my sled.........My .02......

Last edited:
Reactions: 907to406
I have the same sled and this is what I did.

On the stock plate: I put a 50 duro mount #0608-405 in the front, a 60 duro mount in the lower rear #0608-404, and finally a stock duro mount (the only good one I had left out of all mounts on the sled) in the top rear. The reason is if you put a stiffer duro mount in there it will break the bulkhead on top.

Bottom/Front of motor, PTO side: I purchased a stock front mount and used angle alum. and mounted it horizontal from the front support to the angle alum. mounted to the bottom of the motor on the PTO side. Made a difference in the front to back movement of the motor.

Stock Rear Mag Mount: I pulled out stock mount and replaced with 60 duro mount, part number above.

Linderman mount: I then installed the Linderman Mount on the Mag side.

During this process I shifted the motor over for the 1.507 offset vs. the 1.655 offset.

The sled vibrates a bit more at idle, but I noticed clutch temps are down and I have been running the same belt since then..... so far double what the last one lasted.

Also, once motor mount changes I had to make slight changes to the clutching as well.

Good luck. I know others have covered some of this already........ just what I did and so far the best thing I have done to my sled.........My .02......

I just finished putting in a 60 duro 0608-404 in the top mag mount 5 minutes ago.The reason i put that in is that i picked up a stock replacement mount and plate for mag side top, for my uncle last week and it had a green dot mount in it.New in package from dealer.So i just put my own in to save a few bucks.

Last edited:

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
Calgarysledguy:
Ya, When I started my little motor mount project I noticed the original stock mount had failed and I thought there was no way I was going to buy the whole mount assembly (worried that the mount was not updated or changed) and bought the 60 duro like the guys above and it has worked out great..... I probably won't ever buy a new complete assembly anymore and just press in a new mount with different duro's until I find one that works and stays together.......... so far that 60 I put in there is holding up well..... I believe longevity is coming from installing that linderman mount or atleast helping alot.

Premium Features