• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M 1000 wont tach with Mods any advice please

P
Jan 17, 2009
07 M 1000 with speedwerx ceramic coated single pipe and can boondocker fuel management box, and 68s in the primary. This sled will tach at 7500 right from the start, but falls on its face a few seconds later and tach at 7000 at best. I even Tried to lean it with all numbers at zero. If anyone has a simular setup please help.

J
Jun 22, 2008
Livermore, CA
Any error messages on the BD box or sled? I'm having the same issue and have errors on both- BD box is getting a re-flash & I need to get my Temp sensor replaced...

-Jeff

'07 M1000, SLP pipe & intake, RK-Tek head and the BD box plus a bunch of venting..

mgdjeepster

Lifetime Membership
what elevation are you running at?? I had the same problem with mine so I put an A/F gauge on it to monitor the fuel going in and found that I was running way way lean added fuel at 7500 and 7800 now it hold 7800 all the time. It would do the same thing tach real high quick then fall on its face. also check your power valve cables, I had one break then it would only rev to 6800.
07 M1000 Speedwerx full exhaust, rktek head, bd box
let me know it that helps
John

J
Jun 22, 2008
Livermore, CA
what elevation are you running at?? I had the same problem with mine so I put an A/F gauge on it to monitor the fuel going in and found that I was running way way lean added fuel at 7500 and 7800 now it hold 7800 all the time. It would do the same thing tach real high quick then fall on its face. also check your power valve cables, I had one break then it would only rev to 6800.
07 M1000 Speedwerx full exhaust, rktek head, bd box
let me know it that helps
John

John- What A/F gauge are you running? Is there a "best" all around gauge or they all the same?

-Jeff

mgdjeepster

Lifetime Membership
I did quite a bit of research on these, KOSO is about the only one out there that will do 2 stroke and not need a battery. everyone I have talked to said they work great, and so does mine. they are water proof too so thats a plus also. and it makes a world of difference in tuning!!! you can get them off of SLP's web site, they shipped mine the same day and answered all the questions I had.
John

J

jonny ringo

Nov 29, 2007
Iowa, Wyoming, Montana
won't pull r's on M1000

Did the setup ever work correctly for you? I know when I first put my boondocker box on the injector wires were configured wrong (it was originally from an F1000). I could not pull over 7000 rpm's but it would run. I corrected the wires (see the instructions for the right set up) and it worked fine.
Marty

J
Jun 22, 2008
Livermore, CA
Thanks John! I'm headed over to SLP now...

-Jeff

Holy cow! Those are more expen$ive than I thought... I was also thinking about getting an EGT... $400 for the A/F gauge & $360 for the EGT gauge. Can one properly tune with either/or? Is one better if I can only afford one? I'd like to have both just to be safe...

Last edited:

mgdjeepster

Lifetime Membership
In my opinion it is easier to tune with an A/F gauge, you can get an approximate setting of what it should be at then run it just a little bit rich and not have to worry about burning it down.... I only have the A/F gauge, but if I was to get an EGT gauge I would do a little shopping around for one of them, I know digitron sells some for snowmobiles and they are way cheaper than KOSO...... There is a dealer that is on here for digitron you might look him up he gives out good deals, can't remember his screen name, just use the search engine....... Good luck, let me know if ya need anything else....
John

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
Question as to why you are running the 68 gram weights. I am running the same setup as you with 65 gram weights and my sled will pull 7850 all day. Mine did the same thing as yours start out pulling hard off the bottom then just fall flat with no RPM. I put the 65's back in and the sled runs great.

Try switching to your stock weights to see if that helps thats all mine took.

PM me and I will send you my BD numbers as well see if they help you out any.

I am still a bit rich with my numbers but am getting there. So instead of doing the BDX powervalve delete and checking all your wireing put your 65 gram weights in if the injectors are wired wrong the sled will rev up then throw a code so that is not your problem, I am going to say its all in the clutching.

Aaron

Premium Features