• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Snow 2015

Track Man

Premium Member
We got 4" of new snow on Friday. Yesterday it rained most of the day. Not good. There might be snow up top but it's going to be hard to get there. The water is good but we need snow this time of year.

IMG_0883.jpg IMG_0884.jpg

that's no good, was wondering what it did over there. The north east side of the lake seemed to get the most snow. I really want to go out today somewhere but not sure where to go especially with the other storm coming in this afternoon and possibily raining.

yes, bummer all around..... got fired Friday, water pump on my truck went out yesterday and all this rain!! time to road trip!

we would be buried if it wasn't 60 degrees out side with all this rain. Sorry to here you guys got downsized. that is never a good thing.

Rained hard all day yesterday here. We got 2" of snow last night and it is snowing right now. I sure hope we got feet of snow up top. If this snow keeps up today maybe we can get there.

DSC06781.jpg

Rode LTS yesterday with a buddy. Had to drive into the turn off to Perazzo meadows before unloading. Only a couple inches of snow there and melting fast. Snow increased quickly as we climbed in elevation although there were many washouts in the low elevations to cross on the roads. Overall had a great day playing in some heavy powder.

If you do go up there, be very careful climbing out the ridges in places because of ice due to high winds and rain. We found out the hard way about ice and ended up going backwards on a hillclimb and got lucky to not have serious damage after rolling a ways down the hill. Stay in the tree lines and there's plenty of fun to be had.

Rode LTS yesterday with a buddy. Had to drive into the turn off to Perazzo meadows before unloading. Only a couple inches of snow there and melting fast. Snow increased quickly as we climbed in elevation although there were many washouts in the low elevations to cross on the roads. Overall had a great day playing in some heavy powder.

If you do go up there, be very careful climbing out the ridges in places because of ice due to high winds and rain. We found out the hard way about ice and ended up going backwards on a hillclimb and got lucky to not have serious damage after rolling a ways down the hill. Stay in the tree lines and there's plenty of fun to be had.

It was a pleasure chatting with you and your buddy yesterday when you came up to the 3 of us on top of the chutes above Tom's Valley and also down by White Rock Lake for a lunch break. I was the old dude on the silver RMK. Hope to see you again at LTS in the future. Hope you had a good day.

Don Z.

This is a shot of Meadow Lake road on Tuesday. Since then the sun's been out and the snow's going fast.

DSC06782.jpg

This is a shot of Meadow Lake road on Tuesday. Since then the sun's been out and the snow's going fast.

Wow the conditions look great compared the bare trails down south !

current.jpg

sherman_peak_1.jpg

Sherman Peak elev 10,000

BUT BUT Statistically it could be a wet spring. Snow pack for SOCAL is 2% of "normal"

Last edited:
We found some nice snow up top yesterday. Getting there is getting to be a problem. The snow on the Meadow Lake road is melting fast. Also the road is beat to death. I think today is it until we get more snow.

DSC06805.jpg DSC06807.jpg

Went there saturday while it was still snowing. Had to drive way in, but not sure which road we turned around at. I would say a good 12"+ everywhere up high. The problem was the hard ice underneath which made sidehilling or carving very unpredictable and sketchy at times. Get out there because its not going to last long

I just got back tonight. The biggest thing is Meadow Lake road is rough as hell. That's the only to go right now. You can park at Lake of the Woods or Yuba turn off. Also Meeting tomorrow night at the Truckee Ranger Station. 4 to 7 open house. This is for the new Forest Service snowmobile plan.

Premium Features

Back