• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Lake

If anyone is interested im gonna head up to lost lake most likely saturday. id be down to meet some new people and have a good time riding. Im a lost lake local so i know my way around up there so if ur worried about not know the area dont be. goin to go up friday briefly just to check it out but it been snow on and off for the past couple of days and we have had beautiful weather. so come join me on a great ride. Hit me back on this thread

Went up to lost lake thursday and it was sweet. snow was good and the trail was a little icy but my friend and i made it up with no problem. I will definately be goin up saturday. There was a fresh layer of snow and it was startin to snow when we headeddown. it was pretty overcast but if it clears up it wouold be perfect.

Went up to lost lake thursday and it was sweet. snow was good and the trail was a little icy but my friend and i made it up with no problem. I will definately be goin up saturday. There was a fresh layer of snow and it was startin to snow when we headeddown. it was pretty overcast but if it clears up it wouold be perfect.

Which trail did you use?

The seward trail is really bad went up yesterday and today. But a friend went up primrose and said the trail was good so i would say go up primose it would be an easier ride.

Thanks for the heads up 907. We will be there in a couple hours. Feel free to tag along. ill be in a chevy s 10 with my summit hanging out the back!!
cant miss it :face-icon-small-ton. Anyhoot ride safe i heard avy's are bad. SEE YA AT THE TOP!!:eek::p:beer;

Ok went up primrose today me and a few friend's -Micha,Amy,Corey,sam,Brian,Johnny,alex, n myself. Trail was pretty bad. If your goin anytime soon hope for snow or bring some rope's. we drug sleds up one at a time. But once you get back about 2 miles it clears up and trail gets nice. (just some bad spots at the bottom you need to be ready for). And oh ya forget about your brakes on the way down it was a mess comin down. Lost one sled off the edge but got it out ok with no problems. Looked worse then it was.
Anyway on top was wind blown pretty bad but plenty of drift and cornices to play on. We had a blast!!!:p:D Weather held out for us all day and the i do believe i got a little sun!!!!
So that's the lost lake update i have. Have fun Ride safe!!!

lostlakecrew.jpg

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=53035436

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=53041380

Last edited:
Rode Lost Lake on Sunday with ak800rmk151 and Dvamit and a couple others. Started the day at Primrose. 1st group up the trail came back to the parking lot as we were about to head up. They said the 1st hill was nasty ice and they were going to load up and head for snug harbor instead. Advised that we do the same. We did. Got to snug and the road is plowed all the up to Cooper Lake right now so smooth sailing to Rainbow lake. From there all the way over to Lost Lake and on to the Seward end, everything in the open is wind blown concrete! You can get down in the trees and valleys to all your favorite play areas and find "ok" snow. Nothing to brag about. On the bright side, it was a blue bird day with light winds and was a great day to be in the mountians with a camera and good freinds. All said, it was a good day of riding on concrete, with a little playing thrown in.

In 25 years of playing at Lost Lake I have never seen the avy conditions as bad as there are right now! It is insane! Slides in places that rarely slide. Major wind loading and big slabs hanging everwhere. All large hillsides are windblown ice and concrete right now. The next snow is really going to be scarey sitting on top of this. Worse yet, this obvious layer will not be so obvious once there is some new snow sitting over it. Please be careful one out there everyone. Now is not the time for highmarking up there.

Last edited:
Went up to the lake from Seward side on Sat at 0930. 1st up the trail that morning. Icy trail by not bad (being 1st). Lots of hard snow with blowing wind forming cornices to play on and jump off. Coming down in the afternoon the trail was icy with the snow cover blown off it in a lot of places. Still need a 2' or 3' dump but it doesn't look like it will happen in the near future.

Rode Lost Lake on Sunday with ak800rmk151 and Dvamit and a couple others. Started the day at Primrose. 1st group up the trail came back to the parking lot as we were about to head up. They said the 1st hill was nasty ice and they were going to load up and head for snug harbor instead. Advised that we do the same. We did. Got to snug and the road is plowed all the up to Cooper Lake right now so smooth sailing to Rainbow lake. From there all the way over to Lost Lake and on to the Seward end, everything in the open is wind blown concrete! You can get down in the trees and valleys to all your favorite play areas and find "ok" snow. Nothing to brag about. On the bright side, it was a blue bird day with light winds and was a great day to be in the mountians with a camera and good freinds. All said, it was a good day of riding on concrete, with a little playing thrown in.

In 25 years of playing at Lost Lake I have never seen the avy conditions as bad as there are right now! It is insane! Slides in places that rarely slide. Major wind loading and big slabs hanging everwhere. All large hillsides are windblown ice and concrete right now. The next snow is really going to be scarey sitting on top of this. Worse yet, this obvious layer will not be so obvious once there is some new snow sitting over it. Please be careful one out there everyone. Now is not the time for highmarking up there.

Ill second that...thanks again Tim its always a pleasure!!!:D

Here's some pictures of Theultrarider, ak800rmk151 and his wife Jess, Dangerous-Dean and myself. Don't have any really good pic's when the shredding was going on.. Seems like I only remember to get pictures when we are taking a breather..

100_1477.jpg

100_1476-1.jpg

100_1478.jpg

100_1482.jpg

100_1478.jpg

100_1477.jpg

Rode lost lake on Sunday. Primrose is ICEY!! It took us 1.5hrs to go 5miles up the trail. We did have two noobs that had to be drug up the two main ice shoots. Just posting the icey trail to warn people. Once on top we had 30MPH winds and any powder that was left was blown into the valleys. We did find some good valleys with fluff but I don't think it is worth heading up again until we get some more snow. (1-2Feet).

Premium Features

Back