• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Lake 2-16-10 ;)

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
We rode in Firemans up to Lost lake hills and forest and found 2 feet of fresh white Heavy snow! We played in the trees and valley's and had an absolute blast;) My snobunje got a good work out, man I love that thing!!!!!!
It felt so amazing to be riding with my best buds and they happen to be my boyz;) We rode till dark with smiles on our faces but wore out!!!

P2160213.jpg

P2160216.jpg

P2160211.jpg

P2160232.jpg

P2160231.jpg

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Thanks for the update. Was wondering if it was rain or snow up high. Saturday should be a ball if you guys that don't work during the week don't tear it all up for us.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Man, I love that last pic with Seward all lit up in the background. Sounds like you guys had a ball. Hopefully there will still be some good snow there on Friday.

D
Feb 16, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Thanks for the pics. Can't ride Saturday, going up Friday as well. Sounds like a good day for some tree riding, 90% chance of rain in Moose Pass and Seward. Sure wish we could go on Saturday the forecast looks much better.

I
Dec 7, 2009
Lost Lake (Firemans) Trail closed

:face-icon-small-sadLost Lake (Firemans) Trail has been closed to snowmachines starting Feb.19. Recent warm temps and heavy rain has cased extensive melting leaving the potential for resource damage by motorized vehicles. Conditions will be monitored and if they improve the trail will reopen.:face-icon-small-hap
Access from Primrose Trail is not very good either with lots of icy chutes in the first 3 miles.

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
snug

just got word snug wasn't to bad till the chugach gate more ice from there just you should have good studs and chains for back up. he rode on cooper side said about 10" of wet sticky snow. don't forget to wear your becon!:face-icon-small-hap

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
rode primrose yesterday and the trail wasnt to shabby couple icy spots the switchback was good still. we ended up breaking trail for the last half mile or so was good till i got stuck :D but other then that it was good and ill be back tomorrow

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
the boys rode LL yesterday, morning started out great, had about 10 of us...snow had really condensed since the previous day, but still darn good..by early afternoon it turned grey and very light rain mist/sputtering snow so we headed for the trees right above the trail..played there and had a great time..pics and vids at my new home for those who wish to look...becareful climbing and entering into terrain traps guys..we saw all sorts of avies along the road all the way down..(but we didnt see any avy activity at LL..make sure you have your avy gear on and working...

Last edited:
Premium Features