• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for mich. riders for a Feb. trip to Wyo.

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
Looking for some sledd lovers to help fill out our trip to Brooks Lake Lodge on Feb,3rd to 8th. This is our 7th year going out west and our 4th year at brooks,the riding is some of the best anywhere! You don't have to trailride to get to the boonies. The acamodations are five star and the manager is from Farmington hills so Adam has a soft spot for us flatlanders. The guide is a personal friend of mine and we have been riding together for the last five years, Joe lives at the lodge year round and is also a hunting guide. No one knows the area around Brooks and Togwotte better. My avatar is a pic from the top of Brooks mountain which is less than two miles from the lodge. Our goal is to get enough people(18-20) to rent the whole lodge. Look Brooks Lake Lodge up and check out their web cams. You can fly in and rent 6 & 7 Rmk's or we'll haul out your mt. sledd.
Feel free to call me with questions,
Doug Hudson-(517) 812-8848:face-icon-small-win

R
Sep 7, 2008
Man those guys are pretty damn proud of those rooms at that place....300 bones per person per night....a bunch of us from Northern Lower Michigan are all heading to Rockin M Ranch in WY in February as well....alot cheaper than that place!!

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
Our rate for the trip is $225 per night with our group rate discount, not that bad a deal since the new owners at Tog. jacked their rates $50 a night. Love the guys at Lava, spent many nights there at the bar, but the food and service at Brooks can't be beat!It is not in everybody,s price range but it sure is nice to stay right at the base of the mountain and not have to trail ride anywhere and be able to get a massage after a day of riding. Plus the view from the hottub is incredible, when its not snowing to hard to see the mountain. BUT the fact that they have the best guide in the area seals the deal for me. I'm not taking anything away from Carter, or Skinner, or the other guides in the area, they each have their own places to ride but Joes father was a logger and he has been all over on horseback since he was a little kid and he knows the riding around Dubois probably better than anybody.

Premium Features