• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lolo, Hoodoo, Lookout, etc.

rrjames

Lifetime Membership
Thought I might try to resurrect this thread. Awful quiet around here.

Who hasn't been doing their snow dance? It only works if we all participate.

Thought I might try to resurrect this thread. Awful quiet around here.

Who hasn't been doing their snow dance? It only works if we all participate.
I got blisters from dancin', man! Sounds like there won't be any new snow by the time the Lolo Steak Ride next weekend... :(

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah this sucks as far as snow, zero rides so far except for the buggy, not the way to start the season for sure :face-icon-small-fro

I've heard Lolo is pretty beat up and crusty right now and they can't run the groomer yet.

I'm worried the steak fry will be all snirt.

We rode into Morrell Falls yesterday.
It's beautiful in the winter, but the snow sure was thin.

I've heard Lolo is pretty beat up and crusty right now and they can't run the groomer yet.

I'm worried the steak fry will be all snirt.

We rode into Morrell Falls yesterday.
It's beautiful in the winter, but the snow sure was thin.
Snowgoers have run the groomer over many of the trails, but just the once, and there's not enough snow for a second run. Check out our site for groomer updates... Http://www.missoulasnowgoers.org.

Glad to see the much needed snow coming our way!!!!

Pretty safe to ride off trail after the foot marker (pass cam) at the top of the pass hits 5' with a little base.

Glad to see the much needed snow coming our way!!!!

Pretty safe to ride off trail after the foot marker (pass cam) at the top of the pass hits 5' with a little base.
Big improvement since the steak ride, that's for sure. Groomers are out right now, and likely to be moving again as this storm comes through.

2/8 snow depth

both Lolo and Savage Pass show 6' of snow with fairly high moisture content. That seems pretty consistent along the Mt/Id line. I rarely ride West of town, but good reports from some the sno bike friends riding West of Lolo Pass.

Is there any update on the snow condition around Lolo? looking to make a day or two trip Monday and Tuesday (12 and 13) of next week. It doesn't look like snow in the forecast but if someone local could give an update I would appreciate it.

Is there any update on the snow condition around Lolo? looking to make a day or two trip Monday and Tuesday (12 and 13) of next week. It doesn't look like snow in the forecast but if someone local could give an update I would appreciate it.
Just rode Lolo today. 8" of fresh on the trails, made first tracks all day. About 18" of pow on a solid base. Temps are increasing, so it'll pack down this week, but is still really nice. Snow depth is about 80", depending on location. Took an avalanche class last week and the snow was AWESOME!
b5b1aa98c6e7d5e2378338229336993f.jpg

Premium Features

Back