• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Local school needs an enclosed trailer

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I have a local school that has a bicycle education program for students and they need a second/bigger/different trailer to expand this PE program, which is completely funded through grant money.
Obviously, they have a very tight shoe string budget.

They already have a lot of child sized bikes and helmets. They have a small enclosed trailer to put them in, which is packed full and has no more room.

Apparently a "benefactor" has made sure they are able to expand the program into larger bikes and helmets so they can bring the upper elem and middle school sized bikes into the program.
However the catch is that the school has NO place to keep them.

So in short, they are looking for a bigger or second trailer, but have no more grant money or anything to purchase the trailer. Some generous person has, in effect, put the cart before the horse. BUT, make no mistake, THANK YOU to them for the donation.

At this point, I don't think the PE program has any money to put toward a trailer.

I think the current trailer is a about 8-10' square nosed Interstate.
What would be ideal is a V-nosed 18-22 footer or something.

I'm not asking for anyone to put themselves in a bind by throwing some brand new unused unit from their lot...but is there anyone who was already looking to do some philanthropy? Maybe you have a used one or a demo that didn't sell.
Would you be willing to help a school get a trailer? Would you allow them to trade the current one in? It's been VERY gently used to store bikes. I don't think it has even been on the road since they bought it a year or two ago.

I know of some trailer dealers who have "sponsored" trailers to other school groups for things like this in the past.

Obviously you should put a big fat business logo on the trailer.

Please send me a PM if this interests you.

Thank you,
Scott

Last edited:
SnoWest forum member Meadow Muffin had stepped up BIG!!!!

We have a trailer.

Delivered.

Russ, you are a generous man. Thank you so very very much.

I haven't told our PE teacher yet. She doesn't know. I'm trying to figure out the best way to unveil this to her.

The trailer holds A LOT of youth bikes.
The bike education program is flourishing because this trailer allows them to have the room for adequate equipment.

Thank you so very much Russ.

Premium Features

Back