• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Little Help Please

Took my Freeride out for the first time yesterday. About half a mile in I heard a bang came to a stop and heard a louder bang. Figured it was something in the skid but than saw a bunch of what looked like belt material. Turns out a hood spacer went inside the clutch cover and was getting shredded. I can't find anywhere wear this part would go or if it is necessary.

Anyone know where this goes?
20211215_174324.jpg

Pull the hood off and you should be able to see where that part came from, searching the Doo parts fiche yielded jack.

Pull the hood off and you should be able to see where that part came from, searching the Doo parts fiche yielded jack.

My buddy who ones a dealer had his hood his new turbo and could not find it. He also said he sees all kinds of random parts and stuff in machines from BRP when they assemble them.

My buddy who ones a dealer had his hood his new turbo and could not find it. He also said he sees all kinds of random parts and stuff in machines from BRP when they assemble them.
I don't know why Doo shows the part number, tells you what is but has no picture to show you where it is. It has to be somewhere under the hood on the left side. I've had the hood off my 21 Summit 850 numerous times and don't remember seeing any kind of spacer. How is your hood alignment, any spaces or misalignment on the left side?

I don't know why Doo shows the part number, tells you what is but has no picture to show you where it is. It has to be somewhere under the hood on the left side. I've had the hood off my 21 Summit 850 numerous times and don't remember seeing any kind of spacer. How is your hood alignment, any spaces or misalignment on the left side?

I did not figure what the part was until after I left my sled for the night, but it seemed fine.

According to Doo's fiche, there is one on the right side as well so I'd check there.
I would have assumed that or they would not have had to label this one "L".....unless, of course the "L" means something entirely different than "left". That was just another "assumption" I made. Hmmmm, perhaps I make TOO MANY assumptions. That would explain a lot of problems I seem to run into.

Premium Features

Back