• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lincoln Conditions

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Has anybody been up to Lincoln to see conditions. Was looking to head up that way this weekend and have a look see. Not familiar with the area, but it looks like they got a pretty good dump.

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Plenty of snow around the area. Most of it is wind blown, but the riding is good. Watch out for avy around the bowls.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Snotel is in the low 60s now.
It's probably set up better now. Base is starting to bond, but it's quite sugary underneath.

M
Nov 27, 2007
bonney lake
I'm looking for a downloadable map for copper creek and can't seem to find any. Can someone point me the right way? We went up yesterday and the snow pretty good but still no base in a lot of areas.
We tried to get to the bowls but had to much fun in the trees.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Went up a week ago with "go high fast" and rode in from the bridge down at the end of the pavement. Only a couple small bare patches, at the bridge before snowbank, and a couple other spots you could avoid. And one "surprise" in the middle of the road that someone stuck some sticks there to alert people...

Not sure what it is like now. The week has been fairly cool, maybe the trail (road) in is still fairly intact. We did not ride from the normal parking lot, that section was very intermittent and whooped up, we drove the end of pavement.

We forgot to update this thread, sorry! I need to add a subscription and keep a tab open on this thread...

Hoping to go later this week again! My clutching was OFF last time I was up there (7750 ouch) and it was mostly white concrete (as in spin-out if you have a softer track) but my Dragon's WOT intermittent bog did not reappear after my latest set of changes... need to drop 2 grams and try again :)

Anyone else have a more recent update?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I hope to get up there next week between the 9th and 16th. Maybe a couple times.
I'm on spring break and plan to burn some fossil fuels.

Haven't been up there on a day with visibility in about 4 years. LOL

Last edited:
R

rockin rmk

Oct 27, 2002
Great Falls MT
We went up on Sunday 4/2/2018. Parked at bridge at Landers Fork. There is a lot of snow about 2 miles past bridge can not get a pickup through it yet. There is some bare spots on road all the way to snowbank. Lots of snow in bowls no rocks showing in main bowl. soft snow everywhere except wilderness bowl. it was icy. Clouds early in the day. Cleared up around 12. Will be going back up in two weeks Hopefully we will be able to drive past snowbank.

Premium Features