• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

limiter straps

K
Dec 15, 2007
i was just wondering how everyone runs there limiter straps for deep powder mountain riding. ive always been told to suck them up for mountain pwder riding but have recently heard to let the all the way out on the edge chassis. who is right?

V
Dec 10, 2007
Let the limters all the way out for sure....more weight transfer to the back and allow the ski's to come up and float in the snow with less ski pressure. Way easier to manipulate the weight of the sled this way. Tightening the straps would put more ski pressure for better on trail riding.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Depends on the amount of power you have also. I need to suck mine in a bit. The turbo really likes to carry the front end way, way up.

Just as these guys said, usually its all the way out. Do a good climb and see where your skis are riding. If they are riding like you are on the trail, loosen the limiter until your ski's pull up out of the snow.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Make a good steep pull on a hill. If you have to get out of the throttle because the front end is getting light, you need to pull it in or you are giving up your hp. I used to run mine all the way out and it was borderline. I put a 2.5 camo extreme under it this year and now I have to suck them all the way in or it wants come over backward on me. You should be able to lift the front end when you NEED to, but be able to keep it down down as well when you have to.

T
Jan 4, 2009
Washington
I too put a new track on this year. My sled hooks up way better now but the front end felt too light on the steep hills, and sometimes I would have to let off the throttle to get it back down. I had the limiter strap all of the way out.

I now have the limiter strap in the middle position. The sled does not trench as much in the deep snow and the front end does not come up too much anymore. I feel like I have way more control when going up steep hills. I can still get on the throttle and lift the skis up when I need to, but I don't feel like i'm going to flip over backwards. Shortening the limiter strap will make the track's approach angle less steep which is supposed to help it get on top of the snow easier too. Perhaps that is why the sled does not trench as much.

Try it out both ways, see what feels good to you!

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I ride with mine all the way out and love it. i like the skis to not touch the ground through the whole climb tho and it does. and now that u mention it my sled does seme to trench more

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I found that drilling new holes between the first and second hole, was ideal. The front end was not too light and it still did great in the deep pow. If all you did was deep pow and never rode trails or climbed hard packed hills, then letting the limiter all the way could work. But most people don't have those conditions. Letting the limiter all the way out, was dangerous as I recall, since you lose control of the sleds direction the second the skiis pop off of the ground. Shortening the limiter strap makes the track trench faster because you have less weight on the track and more weight on the front skiis.

Powder pros also keep the front end lower because they do not float as high as say the dual keel skiis. The lower the front end, the lower the attack angle, the better the track handles the powder. High floatation skiis cause the track to trench sooner, by pointing the sled's nose up into the sky so that you are always climbing a hill even though you are on level terrain.

Last edited:
Premium Features