• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Leaking chain case oil

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
02 800 Rmk, big puddle on garage floor, coming from chain case for sure. If it is Drive seal or jack shaft seal in Chain case can it be changed without pulling skid? Like pull Case cover, Gears chain, bearings then seal???? Going to inspect and take apart tonight, may pick up seals on the way home from work now just in case. What easiest way???

I replace my whole chaincase without pulling the skid. Just loosen the track all the way and pull the back half out. Remember there is a Oring inside of the bearing race on the drive shaft that might be bad. Also check the Oring on the drain plug. I find it hard to believe that it can leak anywhere but the case gasket or drain plug unless something is really wrong

Chris

nope they are reusable Orings on the drain plug and the case cover. don't worry about taking either off. Take a look at your chain and gears if you want and check the adjustment

Chris

Thanks a million! I have a gallon of chaincase fluid and am going to change it and clean the case out and adjust the chain. probabaly due with 3500 miles on an 03:face-icon-small-hap

I had my lower gear bolt break off and got lodged in bottom of case and gear, eventually wore a hole in the bottom of my chain case cover and leaked. I fixed that this year, retapped the drive shaft to hold a 3/8th's bolt.

Well Bro and buddy came over we took apart while have a few wobely pops and the oil is milky as lower seal must be screwed. going to get new bearings seals and o-ring, maybe bushing that o-ring slips in. What a pain getting out though. With the MM big wheels and rear axle set up I have no ability to loosen track at all. Crap. Going to be a biotch to get back together. Guess ill have to pull rear axle wheels etc. Had skid out last year and sucks to put in with no adjustment. Next time I pull skid I may move Big wheel kit forward by re-drilling new holes farther forward like a inch. Cut off back of rails and at least have some adjustment. If nothing else we downed like a large box of beer and mik of whiskey.

Premium Features

Back