• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Latest Recall

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I wonder when Polaris is going to have a fix for the latest fire recall? Sure hope we don't have to run with setting in detune mode all this winter too.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
got my notice today, Poo has some additive that you can put in the tank if you cant find fuel with ethanol in it. all fuel in canada now has a minimum of 10percent eth now i believe. Just gonna run the same fuel i have always ran and in non eth mode and carry on with life. if it burns down its insured anyways.

K

KhaosRipcord

Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
Ooooh one free bottle of treatment. How generous. This can't be the final "fix". Anyone know if this is just the carbon clean with some other adative?

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Ooooh one free bottle of treatment. How generous. This can't be the final "fix". Anyone know if this is just the carbon clean with some other adative?

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
Actually 12 free bottles is what they send you.........Got the box today.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Got 1- 12 oz bottle yesterday. Good for 60 gls. of go juice. Wonder what's next from Pooville.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The more I think about this fiasco the more pissed I get.
I was going to sell my boost this year but they have already destroyed resale value with the non stop recalls,
and now they want you to intentionally "detune" the thing by running crappy fuel?
No thanks.
May as well keep the thing forever since nobody seems to even want them anymore.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I'm not seeing any price differences between ski doos and Polaris on the used market. What makes you think this recall had thousands of dollars of value lost to your sled
Poo resale gonna be a lot better this year for turbos than last year. Meanwhile 75 $16,000 Turbo 2024 Lynx are sitting at All Terrain in GJ-- good luck selling one of those used. Same for Skidoo they've got a truckload of those too. Not too many boosts and they are $20,000 or so still. Definitely gonna hold value better this year.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Polaris sleds have always had garbage resale. Since the dragon era they have led with chassis but have lagged substantially in quality and durability to the frenchies. Any poo with 2k miles is basically a throw away sled where a doo is still worth a few bucks. Covid used prices were a fluke and guys need to forget it was a thing. It's a turbo 2 stroke snowmobile. Not a diesel truck. It's usable lifespan can easily be used up in a few months and is obsolete every 2 or 3 years given the rate or progression on them.

Thst being said people also realized the lynx was designed foe Scandinavian conditions not western us & bc. All it does is wheelie and jump good. Hence why they're so many for so cheap.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I think that Polaris needs a new engineering staff.This 2024 there must be a tank off an old Scorpion that they can make work. :ROFLMAO:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Poo resale gonna be a lot better this year for turbos than last year. Meanwhile 75 $16,000 Turbo 2024 Lynx are sitting at All Terrain in GJ-- good luck selling one of those used. Same for Skidoo they've got a truckload of those too. Not too many boosts and they are $20,000 or so still. Definitely gonna hold value better this year.
Interesting you say this because I too think last year Polaris had their fire sale to get rid of stock while Doo hung on way too long and only recently are lowering prices to clear it out. This season might will be the cheapest year to buy a BRP sled, if desired.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I'd think shoppers on the used market are less brand loyal than those buying new. So if a used Skidoo and used Poo are similar models, mileage, condition, etc. then the market will value them similarly.

Reactions: User Name
U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Interesting you say this because I too think last year Polaris had their fire sale to get rid of stock while Doo hung on way too long and only recently are lowering prices to clear it out. This season might will be the cheapest year to buy a BRP sled, if desired.

Ski Doo said they over produced last couple years and they're cutting production by 30% this winter. This also matches up when you look at Promos. Ski Doo was offering better deals on holdovers and better finance rates and an extra year of warranty on '25 model years. Like you said, this is great news if you're a BRP customer. Polaris may have to react if they don't want to lose market share, but I think they're trying to protect margin.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Ski Doo said they over produced last couple years and they're cutting production by 30% this winter. This also matches up when you look at Promos. Ski Doo was offering better deals on holdovers and better finance rates and an extra year of warranty on '25 model years. Like you said, this is great news if you're a BRP customer. Polaris may have to react if they don't want to lose market share, but I think they're trying to protect margin.
IF you are a snowchecker you should be furious and back out of whatever you had coming and buy a 2024 for $4,000-$7,000 less. No one will buy 2025s while 2024s are sitting on the floor so those will be marked down hard this spring and potentially for sale again next fall. That was one thing I noticed last year is no Polaris dealers had more than 2-3 turbo 2024s on the floor. Interest rates are still high and it seems like snowmobile market is saturated. I wish I was in the market for another sled as I'm guessing I could pick up a sick 2023-2024 turbo sled for $10,000 come spring. Maybe I SHOULD get a backup sled. My primary is a Poo after all...

Premium Features