• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kwik Klamp opinions

M
Oct 10, 2010
I have searched the forum and the internet and simply can't seem to find any opionion, positive or negative, on these trailer clamps. If anybody has any input it would be very greatly appreciated. I understand that the superclamp is the way to go but I simply don't have the money in the budget for 2x of them. I can pick up two Kwik Klamps for less than one superclamp.

for those that don't know these check out

http://www.depotstar.com/KwikKlamp.htm

Thanks!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I've never seen these in person, but they sure look like they would work better than the factory screw. However, you still have to reach into the middle of the sled to tie down and there is not an easy way to lock the sled like a Superclamp can. Are you upgrading existing clamps or do you just need a clamp of some sort?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
We have used them for 3 seasons now. Even switched them between a couple of trailers and they work great. You still have to get down to install them but make darn sure that the anchor bolt is bolted to somthing solid because when you clamp them down they have a lot of pressure to them. The only down side to them is that they do not adjust to different sleds easy. You have a double nut set-up that adjusts the hight for the ski's and it's a slow process to change and have perfect. For us we had three of them in the trailer and since we always had the same three sleds it worked out just fine.

CIMG1259.jpg

CIMG1261.jpg

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
These are great replacements for the screw in crank handles. Takes a bit to adjust them at first but once set up they are a breeze. I've used mine for two years.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Sled Tie Down

I just got an enclosed trailer and it has hook rings set in the floor. What would be wrong with using ratchet tie downs from the front and rear bumpers vertically to rings in the floor? It would be quick, keep the sled from jouncing around, and you would have to kneel down to hook the bar clamp on the front skis.

I had the screw in bar clamps on my flat bed trailer and the Edge style sleds weren't always tall enough for the crank handle to clear the skid plate. I don't want to go back to that again.

I could relocate the floor mounted rings so that each sled had one below the front and rear bumpers?

Premium Features