• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ktm 2002 WP fork for my 2018 500 exc

i have a good deal for WP 2002 fork to make them snowbike application for my 2018 ktm 500
is there something i need to know , or do not waste any money on those fork .
they hare from 2002 520 ktm
i like fast answer please

If I remember correctly the SX came with 48mm forks and the offroad bikes came with 43mm forks. If they are the 43mm forks I would definitely pass just because of the added flex. If they are the 48mm forks the axle size is different than the 2003+ KTM forks so fitting the spindle may be an issue.

Either way they are also 20 years old so they will likely need some work (and parts, which may not be available anymore) to function properly. I was in a similar situation as you and waited until a reasonable deal on a pair of newer forks popped up.

i was looking at a cheap alternative to have spare fork because i plan on switching the 500 exc to 450 xc-f or sx and they come air fork , so i figure those old fork revalve could do the job instead off air fork .
i will pas on those old fork . they were 200 $canadien and not leaking chrome was good .
thank you

Flexy front ends follow ruts worse. It's one of the reasons the mototrax front was so terrible, the flexy spindle allowed the ski to follow the ruts the ski grabbed.

Premium Features

Back