• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kitty Cat wanted

Bgilmlbz

Premium Member
I know this isn't the proper thread for this but thought more people might see it here. I'm looking for a Kitty Cat for my granddaughter. I would prefer it in SE Idaho area but willing to travel some for the right sled.

Last edited:
While you’re thinking, taught five daughters and a son to sled as soon as they learn the meaning of stop and go.
Three yrs old is pushing the boredom phase of a kitty kat.
A 120 or the mod he’s talking about can be governed down to meet her needs.

We pushed the kitty kat more than it propelled itself. Cool toy but very limited on type of snow and riding abilities.

I would agree with IDspud, i bought my boys a kitty cat and had the one on it when he was 2 and a half. I put a lift kit and ski stance widener on it. late this winter i bought a 120 that was completely stock and i was amazed how much better in every way it was. The biggest difference was its ability to go through more snow. with the kitty cat all i did was chase it around and get it unstuck. It is also much quieter and less intimidating. smoother ride side it has suspension. also larger seat. The kitty cats look cooler, but if the budget allows i would skip it and go 120. the top speeds in stock form are the same also.

I posted about that mod 120. I know the guy that built it and he's just a couple miles from me. There was a video at 1 time on here with his son riding it.
I started 4 of my kids on a kitty cat and still have it since my youngest daughter won't let me sell it. Lol. Thank fully she decided to graduate to the 120 this year. The kitty cats are great for a beginner sled up to 4-5 yrs old and marginal snow. Pretty much anything above 6" plan on pushing it a lot and the kids get discouraged from getting stuck all the time. As said above it is amazing how much snow the 120s will go through. My daughter wanted to ride almost everyday because she could follow me on the big sled where with the kitty cat she was pretty much stuck to staying on the trail I made for her in the yard or on the plowed driveway and field road. I've found that the polaris 120s hold up the best after having each brand and we still have the 1st one I bought 2001xc 120 that my daughter is currently riding. I bought it used in 05 or 06 and my 2 boys and oldest daughter and their friends road it till they where ready to move up to the 340.

20220115_165319.jpg 20220226_144620.jpg

No clue why that posted twice.

My kids went kitty, 120, pogo phasers, M5,6,7 onto 8’s by 10 or 12 yrs old depending on kids.

One of our favorites was when my youngest first went to mtns on a the 120 for about a 15 mile trip on a logging road.
Got into a rock walled canyon where all the snow had melted and frozen solid in the bottom. Talking smooth as glass. Phasers and M’s were catching skags and spinning circles, ice was so slick we’d have to push by hand through low spots until we hit snow.
Meanwhile little four year old on the 120 had no ski resistance.
She’d zig zag through her five older siblings taunting them as they helplessly spun. She’d fire out ahead never letting off throttle. We’d get moving again, easily catch and pass her and repeat for several miles.
Proudest little girl in the world.
Pretty sure in her mind she flat outrode all her siblings that day due to pure skill on the ice.

After reading all the comments I think I'm going to just go ahead and get her a 120. She will be 3.5 by next December and I think she will do better with the 120. Wife still wants me to get a Kitty Cat because they are "cute". ?‍♂️ I guess it can always be put up on a shelf in the shop for decoration.

That’s exactly where ours is.
Put it on the front porch with Santa and lights on it through the holidays.

the 120s were going like hotcakes this winter. i ended up getting a 2000 arctic cat for 1900 bucks its in good shape. most of the other ones were 2500 to 3500. if you see one for a good price better jump on it quick. i bought mine sight unseen since it had quite a few pics in the add and the price was right. good luck, no matter what you get its just about getting more young people in the sport and making memories.

Went and looked at a Kitty Cat last weekend...total POS. It ran but that was about it. Needed hood work, a new seat, tunnel painted, new track etc.
Found her a Polaris 120 today in Boise that we are going to go get for her. (Had to be a Polaris...Ive given everyone to much crap for riding other sleds. I would have never heard the end of it if I would have bought a Ski Doo or Cat)

lol same for me i cant ride a poo or doo or ever ever drive a ford, talked too much crap as well. you will be happy with the 120, its worth any extra money that it cost. also it can be upgraded more so the kids dont outgrow them as soon.

Premium Features

Back