• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

King GMC of Loveland/Longmont sux arse!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Had a really bad experience trying to buy a 2012 Duramax today. Is there no integrity within the auto business? They do their normal behind the scenes computations of what the deal presentation will be, we negotiate a little bit, I agree to the offer. An hour or so later, after I've secured my own financing and am signing their required paperwork, I get the sheet I'm currently signing ripped out of my hands with a "We don't have a deal".....their so called "mistake" in computation all of a sudden becomes a deal breaker.....but wait!! We already had a deal! Unreal.

I spoke with the owner, Jared, and he "did his best" but still wanted me to pay an additional $3400 to make it happen. His comment was "I'm not losing $2,000 on this deal"...my response was, "We had a deal, my integrity is worth a helluva lot more than $2000, obviously yours is valued much less."

I've learned a valuable lesson, and have an appointment with Milehighassasin tomorrow to get an honest, clean, and real deal.

My advice, save your time and just go to Lane (Milehighassassin) at Markley to begin with. Keep clear of King.....they'll treat you like a jester and want you to bow down to their order. Not me.....

Waiting for you to come in and sign now. I promise I'll get you get you the best deal out there. Just come in and visit me, give me a call, PM. I'll make the entire process painless for you.

970-three-one-zero-0779

I've been at "other" dealers before and I love working for Markley Motors. 76 years in the auto business and you don't make this long without doing things right.

GMC, Buick, Honda New, everything used.

THAT'S what a sales transaction should be like! Thanks, Lane. Great service, honest sales, straight up solid AWESOME deal. Incredible truck. LOVE it!

I'll be sending whoever I can to you.

I had a similar experience with king GMC. We bought my wife's Yukon Denali from them last April. I drove 6 hrs from Wyoming down there after finding the one I wanted on the internet. I talked to them on the phone and let them know I was coming down and roughly worked out a deal over the phone. So we showed up with money in our hands, test drove the vehicle, agreed on a price then had to wait 4 HOURS for their finance lady to type up the paperwork because there were 2 other people buying cars in front of us and she was the only one in the building that could type up the paperwork. Then they charged us a $350 bs dealer handling fee and after driving 6 hrs to do business with them they wouldn't put any gas in the tank because it was a used vehicle so they gave it to us with less than a quarter of a tank. If I hadn't have drove so far and liked the vehicle so much I would've walked out. Then to top it off I found out a couple weeks later they pulled our credit reports even though we brought cash in hand and didn't need financing. Yeah, they don't get my recommendation at all.

a dealer can't pull your credit without written consent

from you, you have to sign a credit doc first

from you, you have to sign a credit doc first

Not true. The dealer is physically able to pull credit when they've assembled all required information. HOWEVER, they will be doing it illegally if they do NOT have authorization at the time they pull it. This can be verbal, but will later have to be backed up with written document. The way this dealer worked when negotiating my deal, then the lack of integrity they showed after the fact, proved that an audit would probably show lots of errors and missing authorizations. Hmm, that gives me an idea..... lol!

Same deal with Broadway Dodge in Littleton.
Wife and I were out gazing at the, then, new Mega Cabs. We were from out of state, up visiting family in Denver. Salesman starts the pitch when he sees us and I shot him an impossible (I thought) offer just to get him off our @sses.
Told him if he had a black Mega diesel, Laramie, 6speed with tan leather for $40k I'd take it. Low and behold they did.......so I thought.
After going in to the showroom and couple rounds of haggling, they agreed to that exact truck, for that price, saw the build sheet or whatever on it, but they had to go get it from their storage yard, not on the lot yet.
Signed the papers (paying cash), gave them a $1000check as a deposit, WITH PAPERS SIGNED, went to lunch and the bank to get the other $39k.

Long story short it was a 6hr bait and switch, they never had that truck. About 6pm they actually did a dealer trade for one, but it showed up gray, not black.
Knowing how good the deal was, I actually said "F it, we'll take it."
Went to hand the mgr the $39k cashiers check and low and behold the price was now $5k more!
I had signed on a particular vin # truck for a certain price less than 8hrs ago, but now the deal was off because, in their words " this wasn't the truck you signed on."
No schiitt sherlock, it's not even the right color, but I'm volunteering to take it off your hands anyway.
Then they didn't want to give back our deposit. I told the b@stards I was leaving for NM in the morning and I didn't have the time nor desire to sue them for fraud, but I definately had 5min to spare kicking his @ss. And at that point I didn't care if they refunded my my $1k because I fully planned to take more than that out of his @ss! After one more smart comment, I went for him, pinned him up against the wall. My wife screamed, her brother (with us) about fainted, but he's a pretty timid guy. Then someone came runing into his office with our check right about the time my wife yelled for me to let him go, that she would be kick my @ss if I got arrested AGAIN!

SOoo Eff Broadway Dodge, oh, and Christophers Dodge world isn't much better (warranty issues).

Good, honest, straight shooting auto dealers/salesmen are seemingly difficult to find. That's why I will send whomever I can to deal with Lane at Markley Motors. There's something to being treated with respect and having your needs attended to. Afterall, the customer is the one paying the enormous costs of these new "necessary" items. :)

good 4 u az

that reminds me of my experience with Apple Chevrolet a few years ago, My wife wanted a grand prix gt2 with a sunroof, I did a search within 1000 miles of my location, the only one that popped up was Spokane, WA., I called the dealership, talked to salesman he said he had one with sunroof, I said I will wait on phone, please go visually verify that it has sunroof before I drive up there , he put me on hold for 5 or 6 min then said yes it has sunroof, I said r u sure , he said yes. so I took the next day off work drove my wife's car 400 miles to Spokane salesman said he would have it in the front, got there met the salesman asked where is my car with sunroof, he said right here, looked at car no sunroof, I went Apechit, had steam flowing from my ears , I've never been so close to kicking someone azz and not doing it b4 in my life. cussed him out royally , salesmanager came out and asked what was wrong, I told him I was promised a car with a sunroof, he tried to make it right another trip to Spokane to install sunroof when all was said and done, I ended up spending $1300 xtra for sunroof, noone had one will never ever do business with them again. Salesman is one lucky dude I did not ****k him up but I've beat the hell out of people for much less, last guy lost 5 teeth, a broken jaw, broken nose, because he was beating his baby's mama, last good deed i do. Lost a $400 watch and busted my hand all to hell

Last edited:
^^Baby avenger! My wife is from Kalispell, I'll make sure I don't cross your line if I'm every up there! Although I would like to ride up there.

Premium Features

Back