• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just bought my first Sled, what accessories should i get..?

R
Feb 29, 2012
vancouver
I spring ordered a '13 Summit X and it has finally arrived!

As this is my first sled, I have a few questions about accessories.

Here is what i plan to purchase so far:

-Cover
-Full Body Skid Plate
-LinQ Fuel Tank
-Ice scratchers

The Store owner where i purchased my sled recommended 'Front Screen Grill Kit' as 'everyone' is installing them on the 2013's due to the time required to open up the hood and clean any snow that gets in. Do you guys agree that this is a must have?

I am also considering the following:

-Tunnel Bag [either the Short LinQ Premium Tunnel bag or the Tunnel Backpack w/ LinQ] The backpack looks bigger (28L) but the Short Tunnel bag looks harder/sturdier - any thoughts? Is the Short Tunnel bag fully waterproof?
-Seat Bag - more storage? does it get in the way at all?
-Riser block bag - storage close by for GPS etc? does it get in the way?

Anything else i should consider? I plan to break the sled in and learn it before i consider gears/clutch/exhaust.

Thanks!!

summit rookie

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2010
WACONIA, MN
parts

I have been outwest a few time and noticed I have never used my gas caddy in a solid 8 hr day of riding. The only thing we use it for is starting a fire for lunch to grill hotdogs. I know the seat bag is awesome I put one on mine and its alot of room.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I like the bar bag and seat bag then have my backpack fuel jugs are good for what was said above a cover only if u have a open trailer, and skid plate I like the extreme the full one fills up with snow I'd also look into a can and depending on riding rail reinforcements

R
Feb 29, 2012
vancouver
I like the bar bag and seat bag then have my backpack fuel jugs are good for what was said above a cover only if u have a open trailer, and skid plate I like the extreme the full one fills up with snow I'd also look into a can and depending on riding rail reinforcements

interesting.. anyone else have the same problem?

First sled? Id buy gear first before pimpin the sled.

I've got all my riding / outdoor gear.. I've been renting / using my buddies sleds for the past few years. Figured it was about time to get my own machine.. only way to get better.

toddb

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2010
Chanhassen,MN
I second the extreme skid. I had a full on my 09 and replaced it with an extreme after it fell off. Too much snow buildup.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I spring ordered a '13 Summit X and it has finally arrived!

As this is my first sled, I have a few questions about accessories.

Here is what i plan to purchase so far:

-Cover
-Full Body Skid Plate
-LinQ Fuel Tank
-Ice scratchers

The Store owner where i purchased my sled recommended 'Front Screen Grill Kit' as 'everyone' is installing them on the 2013's due to the time required to open up the hood and clean any snow that gets in. Do you guys agree that this is a must have?

I am also considering the following:

-Tunnel Bag [either the Short LinQ Premium Tunnel bag or the Tunnel Backpack w/ LinQ] The backpack looks bigger (28L) but the Short Tunnel bag looks harder/sturdier - any thoughts? Is the Short Tunnel bag fully waterproof?
-Seat Bag - more storage? does it get in the way at all?
-Riser block bag - storage close by for GPS etc? does it get in the way?

Anything else i should consider? I plan to break the sled in and learn it before i consider gears/clutch/exhaust.

Thanks!!

Your off to a good start. I would go with the tunnel bag/ back pack as it gives you a spot to put a shovel, where the others don't.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Your off to a good start. I would go with the tunnel bag/ back pack as it gives you a spot to put a shovel, where the others don't.

The tunnel / backpack is a cool idea and bet it works well but keep your shovel on u. Just my opinion and two cents

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA
The Store owner where i purchased my sled recommended 'Front Screen Grill Kit' as 'everyone' is installing them on the 2013's

I saw several people on this forum ordering them so I asked my dealer about it. He didn't even know what it was without looking it up so I decided not to get it.

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA
The tunnel / backpack is a cool idea and bet it works well but keep your shovel on u. Just my opinion and two cents

Thanks for posting the pic. I was wondering what would fit on a 154 with the backpack. I like to carry a shovel on the sled as well as in my pack. This way, on a heavy dig-out day, you don't have to take your backpack off all the time. Wondering if a shovel also fits in the medium bags.

I've been considering the Fuel tank, but realistically I rarely get very close to gassing up mid ride for what I do, and the eTec should get even better mileage. Would be peace of mind on those cross country trips though.

Premium Features