• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just bought a 3"x162- can u swap out w/out pulling DD

av8er

Lifetime Membership
been reading previous posts on swapping tracks. can u swap a 3" without pulling the Diamond drive???

You will want to pull Diamond Drive.

Loosen brake shaft nut and through bolt in the center of the driveshaft.

Remove dd assembly.

Tap shaft through the brake assembly and remove it.

Swap track and reverse on install.

Drain DD fluid and check bearings while you are there.

Check brake side bearings as well and make sure there is a protector ring on end of driveshaft before going back in. Thin sheet metal piece to protect bearing seal. If it is already missing, get one.

Its hard enough even with the DD out. If you leave the stock drivers in then it is a work out if you are doing it yourself. It goes quick if you have help but if your doing it by yourself get ready to sweat. I ended up having to take off the brake housing as well to get everything to slide in.....

I did two tracks this summer and one track this winter. I pulled the dd all three times and inspected and changed oil. You will have to loosen all the brake side bolts also when i went to put the last track on at the beginning of winter i couldnt walk it around the drivers so we put it in the house for a couple of days and i went right on over the drivers. So make sure you keep it in a warm place until the wrestling match begins it makes it way easier to get around the drivers.

got er done

had to remove DD, yanked brake out and shoved in in behind the drive shaft. did it by myself took about 5 hours, what a big PITA. a few issues arose, the track got crooked on the 2 wheel bogey kit, had to loosen and yank it over the inner nubs- was tight, and not easy to do, then after re- assembly the brake didn't work even after bleeding the line, took a bit to get the brakes fixed. it would probably be a lot quicker the next time. excited to try this big old Gnarly B!!tch. it's the new Extreme 9220M

track.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back