• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just a question

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
so up there in the UP can you guys pick through the trees and go where ever you want or do you have to stay on the trails? show me some pics of off trail stuff in Michigan.

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
if you stick to powerlines, and around them you are fine, most of the time you dont have to worry about offtrail riding. if they dont want you there it is well posted. there is plenty of stuff to do just jumping on and off the powerline, i found a sweet climb late in the season, right by a lake superior lookout sign, i dont exactly know where it was but it was one sweet pull!

Y
Jan 29, 2008
Newberry, MI
so up there in the UP can you guys pick through the trees and go where ever you want or do you have to stay on the trails? show me some pics of off trail stuff in Michigan.

There is a lot of national forest and state of Michigan lands to ride off-trail in many places across the U.P. It goes without saying that rider beware, you are responsible for trespassing, regardless of whether or not it is posted. So, know where you're going, stay off the BORING flat stuff, and have fun! Here's a few pics from the East side of the U.P., north and west of Newberry.

DSC_0153 (Medium).JPG DSC_0184 (Medium).JPG DSC_0366 (Medium).JPG DSC_0023 (Large).JPG DSC_0042 (Large).jpg DSC_0043 (Large).jpg DSC_0053 (Large).JPG

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
Nice thank for the info, i would like to ride in the UP but just wanted to make sure i was not setting my self up for a gruling trail ride. I think the boondocking would be fun with hard wood trees like riding in the aspen groves.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
few more UP pics, all between Goegebic and Twin Lakes.

gravelpitoverlook.jpg

stuck1.jpg

stuck2.jpg

climb.jpg

If you like tight trees you are gonna have fun.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
if you stick to powerlines, and around them you are fine, most of the time you dont have to worry about offtrail riding. if they dont want you there it is well posted. there is plenty of stuff to do just jumping on and off the powerline, i found a sweet climb late in the season, right by a lake superior lookout sign, i dont exactly know where it was but it was one sweet pull!

Powerlines are good only after a dumping. They are usually tracked up and not fun IMO. Secret spots are key in the UP I think.

I hear there is less people who ride off-trail in the western UP.

Premium Features