• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

is there aftermarket spindle assembly? 07 -M1k

Ok so ive hit a few rocks, hesitated on jumping stuff and now i have really ugly steel between the rubber and spindle assembly. second year on a sled so i want to fix it and see if it helps me not f)&k up! Problem is, over 400 for the assembly plus rubber spacer/bushing/wtfevers...can i just weld the rubberholdermetalthings in place and replace the spacers or am i pissing up a rope? I want the front end of the sled to perform as if it were new. I have enough problems diagnosing rpm idle issues, programmer issues and freaking track tension. So, that being said. Is it worth it to replace or just bandaid? I'm open to suggestions of all points of view, even the critics who have ridden all their life and their skis never touch the dam ground. Thanks in advance. I just want to eliminate everything that's not operator error so i know where i need to compensate., And by the way there's no smiley icon down here for rain man counting to the amount of snow in ID with one hand...Why not?

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
08+ spindle is better. You can find them used pretty often.

This is a good upgrade, sled turns a lot sharper with the newer spindles but if I remember right I had to change some of the tie rods when I did it? I'll be doing this mod again this week but I was lucky and found a complete tie-rod set up from the post to the spindle from a 09 M1000 on eBay for $40 bucks.

BTW I'll have the 07 spindles to sell soon.

Premium Features