• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Install Pics: VE Boondock rear half and Better Boards for an 08/09/10 M sled

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
VE has been great to deal with, although I needed to cut some stuff to make if fit better, not sure if they sell a better fit for the newer 08/09/10....but i dont have the time to ship stuff back, this stuff will fit the 07 and older just fine

Rob with Better Boards is a class act, spoke with him over the phone and was pleased with what he had to say and him standing behind his product

With all said, a few minor modifications are needed for my application, no big deal, its getting powder coat anyways.

BB8.jpg

Under, i used more rivots then most will use, this makes it a bit stronger;), i also made sure everything was smooth and no sharp corners or edges, use a round file and have fun
BB7.jpg

Had to cut the VE Bumper peice a bit, as it wont vit over the newer M inside angle channel thingy
BB6.jpg

Notice the better boards fit somewhat under the VE board edges, this is a good thing:beer;
BB5.jpg

Most of the tools i needed, gotta love harbor freight, VE sells the needed hammer tool, buy the hammer gun at harbor:beer;
BB4.jpg

Use clamps before to rivot, i used hammer rivots
BB3.jpg

I left as much stock meat as i could
BB2.jpg

Clean up those rivot holes
BB.jpg

Reactions: smokindave
S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Very Nice!! I still prefer going with the whole tunnel and having coolant lines in my running boards. But hell that looks good!! Get us a finish pic when yer done Hatches...........SLEDIOT

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Looks good Hatchers. When you do the final assembly use a couple layers of duct tape on the end of your air hammer bit (replace tape every couple rivets). Keeps the bit from moving around messing up the powercoat.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
They are sending me my tunnel section right. Can you just use the stock pop rivet or do you have to use the rivet your using?

you can use any rivet style you wish, steel rivots last longer and are stonger then alum rivets and a pain to remove

i used the hammer rivet because im powder coating everything and they look much better and are very strong, pain in the butt to remove

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Good pics.

I have been thinking about going to the "old" style running board inserts since I hate the 08 and up ones..... I wonder how strong it will be?

Premium Features