• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Inman Canyon Area Closures

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
F.Y.I. Posted this in the IDAHO riding section, but thought it could use some more visibility. Any help would be great...

I need some input/info from anyone that knows. I know that parts of the Inman riding area have been closed to motorized travel for a couple years after some 'less fortunate' enthusiasts threw a fit about snowmobiles 'ruining' there areas for skiing/snowboarding. What I don't know is WHO was all involved on either side and WHO is supposedly enforcing these non-motorized areas. I have included a couple pics for reference.

My biggest problem was seeing signs in our main access route that stated that 'Bannock County Sheriff Dept.' was enforcing the 'off-limits' area punishable by law if anyone was caught riding past the 2 points. Problem is (1) It's forest service land with access roads all over and there was NO........NONE.......NADA reference about ANYTHING forest service on the closure signs. (2) WHY were these signs posted on a access trail outside the closure area that also lead to many other areas open to anyone during the winter??? These signs were cheapo P.O.S. too. Looked like laminated printer paper stapled to plywood and nailed to trees. They were trash and couldn't even be read by the end of the winter they were put up. No new ones have been installed since the first ones were put there either.

I never saw anything about a possible closure until the F.S. sent out a memo stating that new maps were available for S.E. Idaho snowmobiling. :face-icon-small-dis Can anyone give me some additional details about this? I know actions speak louder than words most the time, but how do we act if we never even know small areas like this are being shut down? Thanks in advance.

racer

InmanAreaClosures.jpg

inkom_pebble_snowmobile_map_Page_1.jpg

For anyone interested in this topic.....

Original post by Bannockrider
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i did some research on this issue.
That map from Delorme is a private company that was made in 2006, that is not backed by Fish & Game. And on that map it shows alot of the south putnam area prohibited which was incorrect. Back when it was prohibited it was only a smaller area centered around the mcnabb yurt, which is no longer there. So from what i understand from the people i talked to the whole area is now open up to the reservation. The only areas prohibited for us now is the area surrounding pebble creek.

racer

Premium Features

Back