• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ingesting snow in clutch?

C
Jan 24, 2017
I have a 2019 850 rmk 163x3. We had crap for snow last year and this issue didn't really manifest in any consistent manner. Took it out yesterday and we already have more snow than all of last year. I had a problem a couple of times dipping left into the powder and my clutches started slipping. I am assuming it is ingesting snow but have no idea where it is coming in. Anybody else have a similar problem and if so what was your fix?

Thanks,

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
Yup, eventually you’ll blow a belt from it. Duct tape or sticky back foam the gap between black plastic and bulkhead underneath on clutch side. But or make some footwell block of plates they help some to.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I've seen some issues with panel fitament to the bulkhead right up on the front corner. where the belly pan mates to the bulkhead casting. If found putting some clear silicone. "Lexal" brand was what i've had the best luck with.

I always notice it on the super cold fluffy snow days in the morning. Once you start riding it seems like the gap iced up or something but never was an issue besides right out of the gate in the AM.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I have a 2019 850 rmk 163x3. We had crap for snow last year and this issue didn't really manifest in any consistent manner. Took it out yesterday and we already have more snow than all of last year. I had a problem a couple of times dipping left into the powder and my clutches started slipping. I am assuming it is ingesting snow but have no idea where it is coming in. Anybody else have a similar problem and if so what was your fix?

Thanks,
Hey CatConvert (good name!) as others have mentioned there can be some big gaps that need closed up because of fitment. I have some pics of these gaps and locations everyone should check on this link I think 3rd page: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/kreating-khaos-162-extreme-and-other-easy-mods.451157/page-3

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Would a skid plate cover that area or am I looking at the pics wrong?
Yes, the Skinz protective gear Float plate covers all of this. I really like the float plate, but not not everyone wants to spend the money so my reply above was the $5 solution. The Skinz float plate however even helps protect your lower A-arms as shown on my sled pics below. Its easy to install and great owners as well. I will add some pics to my link 2 posts up. http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/home.html

Premium Features