• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I'm just Buzzing.....

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
Caution Stream of Consciousness below, I have to download all this emotion that I feel from this weekends riding..

Finally got my hawk out for a longer ride, I have just been doing this 25 mile loop from my house all VAST trails that has been impeccably groomed, no traffic . Well decided to point North and do a 60 mile loop from Morrisville to Eden and back via Elmore most of which are wooded with turn and whoops, ups and downs very fun.. Eden is a central point. So me and my Boss (Polaris 440 IQ Race) take off. Ok its bumpy on these trails and wow there is huge berms! The Snowhawk is awesome in the bumps. totally rythmm sections double triple suck a few up. The suspension is awesome and the throttle response is better than my KTM450.. Im amazed how the front end of such a big machine can feel so light. Did I say the rear suspension was awesome yet? OK Bumps are great and now I am going to fast for the turn but who would know that big berm with the icy inside line that I have had questions about with this machine, you could say I have lost some sleep thinking about what was going to happen.. Well You can stuff it into the berm just like a dirt bike... ... Gun it! pop and you are through... I keep have flash backs about these moments.... Now for the spectators....First pair we see, we caught about 5 miles in they only noticed I was on a hawk after we stopped at a road crossing . He let me by and I proceed to climb a very steep trail with hairpins... Looked back he was gone...LOL We stopped and he said "never saw one of those on the trail" "how long have you been riding it" I told him it was the funnest thing on snow period and I have only ridden it for 500 miles, He was surprised and I said "if you ever ride one don't let the first impressions fool you, its not the machine its you".. At the gas stop I felt like a celeb.. Two guys looking out of there pickup were dumb founded, "Only seen those in the magazines".. LOL People at the intersection wait for me to go, just to see it . Which reminds me, I need a new pipe, the 04 stocker is to loud.
So riding along ripping, feel the rear end break loose is so fun, really started to feel comfortable out if the saddle riding far forward while standing, my preferred position on my dirt bike. Getting the brakes to work feeling the locked track slide... I bumped the compression dampening up on the fork, it was diving to much under braking. Even had a near high side event rear end stepped out and the counter steer was just enough to pull it back but I felt it the almost sensation. Incredibly the hawk snaps back pretty quickly..

Now I am very sore and very happy with my purchase.. I want to see these tings blow up..! I need to get some people to ride it.

These Machines are very capable trail tools, we need to dispell the myth that these are not good on trails, its just not true. Take someone on a fourwheeler and put them on a dirtbike and they would say the same thing but we all know the dirtbikes are good on triails.

Last edited:
B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
well done...

well said...well said...

i know the feeling. i wish i had snow right now to live the feeling. " only seen em in the mags" is the 1st thing everyone says! then they seem to say or think i bet its terrible in the bumps compared to my 440 racer xmod prototype machine... i always ask if they have 12" in the front and 15 or 16" in the back with no side slapping from have 2 skis in the front? nothing compares to a hawk that can litterally fly over the bumps with ease! i wish the rest of the world could expereince what we all feel everytime we swing a leg over the hawk....

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
Thanks, can anyone comment on this type of trail feel with a non tri-axis ski. I know its been covered but has it really from a trail only perspective?

Are any Two Moto bikes around the NorthEast? I would love to try them in these conditions. Its to bad they are not trail legal here in VT.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
i love to ride my dirtbike in the winter with studded tires and my hawk 503 also. do you think my honda 250x could power the trak and ski around?

I would have to bow to Blazer on that question but In my opinion, I would say hell yeah, but I'm also the type of guy that would run that 250 for a couple of months with out giving it an oil change. Basically it works for me but the general establishment thinks I'm crazy.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
What model hawk do you ride? You mentioned it's an 04. After reading what you wrote I want one!! Thanks

I ride the 600 HO. From what I understand the least desirable for handling characteristics because an updated 503 is lighter and the newer 800's have been tweaked for trail. Either way the 600HO rips!

They start at sick and just get sicker!!

A dirt biker on a snowmobile is a bull rider on a pony. Stay on the bull all year!

I'm starting to sound like Addict...

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
Putt this one up top

Either way the 600HO rips!

They start at sick and just get sicker!!

A dirt biker on a snowmobile is a bull rider on a pony. Stay on the bull all year!

I'm starting to sound like Addict...

Careful the possey don't come looking for you with a rope!

:)

Premium Features