• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Igloo/Cantwell

I
Feb 18, 2008
Wasilla Alaska
Ak49er, Mrs. Ak49er, Ryan & I - Stuckfest 2009

jeffie.jpg

houston.jpg

group.jpg

ryan.jpg

Reactions: LiveAlaska

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Stuckfest is right, but it was worth it at the end of the trail, awesome day just wish I would have dressed lighter, kinda toasty up there.:)

cantwell 016.jpg

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Where's the other photos....

.....you know the ones where I dropped off that 50 foot cliff, or how about that 90 foot gap jump, or even the one where I was rescued that orphaned building form a bunch of burning kittens?

Sure you won't post any of those... but a stuck photo goes up the next day...!:D

Now, if someone said that we should go ride sleds Saturday, one might look at the day as, well....paltry.

But if another said, "....let's go dig 15 foot diameterby five foot holes in the snow for six hours, while wearing body armor and sled gear!" than I say emphatically,

"Sir, we did succeed!"

Man, my arms are tired.... from walking over, carrying all that air.;)

Reactions: LiveAlaska

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
.....you know the ones where I dropped off that 50 foot cliff, or how about that 90 foot gap jump, or even the one where I was rescued that orphaned building form a bunch of burning kittens?

Sure you won't post any of those... but a stuck photo goes up the next day...!:D

Now, if someone said that we should go ride sleds Saturday, one might look at the day as, well....paltry.

But if another said, "....let's go dig 15 foot diameterby five foot holes in the snow for six hours, while wearing body armor and sled gear!" than I say emphatically,

"Sir, we did succeed!"

Man, my arms are tired.... from walking over, carrying all that air.;)

so that was your divits we had to ride thru today:eek::D..you boys didnt miss anything today either..except for the stucks moved to the middle of the hills instead of the bottom...can ya explain how you can drive a whole snowmachine under the snow going downhill?..man is that snow deep when you find a hole....

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Come on, I'll show you how.....

I got real good at nosing that sled in that day.

First climb just a little bit, then turn down and ride straight under the snow you were just on top of, curse, rinse, repeat.

P-ville would have been easier, less snow, so when I sank in I could have just spun to the dirt and rode through the snow.

A flyover would reveal trenches leading from bomb hole to bomb hole, probably pretty funny looking from the air.

Indeed a very tiring day, but will be missed in about two weeks, when I have to lay up the sleds, for the summer.

Premium Features