• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age rails for Hollywood's Polaris Mainjet Twisted Turbo.

so do you actually notice any difference between the stock rails and the ice age?

The stock rails for this sled have a slight bend at the rear to allow it to turn and reverse better. Add 200+hp to the mix and you have a sled likes to come over backwards in the steeps. you may also notice in the first clip the stock rails had bent far beyond the original design. The new Ice Age rails keep the front end down and seem to make the whole rear skid perform better. Cam went 1 for 1 in "The Nasty Chute" just this past weekend.

Nice video...why does Polaris put tipped rails on their sleds? I can understand it on their crossover/switchback sleds so that there is less track on the ground on the trail and handles better in the bumps but why do they put them on the RMKs? IceAge makes a great product though and holds up to abuse way better than stock.

Nice video...why does Polaris put tipped rails on their sleds? I can understand it on their crossover/switchback sleds so that there is less track on the ground on the trail and handles better in the bumps but why do they put them on the RMKs? IceAge makes a great product though and holds up to abuse way better than stock.

Polaris liked the tipped rails for marketing purposes. If you ask me, the ice age rails and stock Polaris rails look an awful a lot alike. ;)

2012 rmk's are straight rails.

Polaris liked the tipped rails for marketing purposes. If you ask me, the ice age rails and stock Polaris rails look an awful a lot alike. ;)

2012 rmk's are straight rails.

Ahh but looks aren't everything my fellow snowester. As soon as you go to drill through a IceAge rail the difference is very obvious. Stock is like a knife through hot butter and IceAge's aluminum feels more like trying to drill through red iron...only aluminum...

Premium Features

Back