• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I NEED good numbers and help for the BoonDocker Pump Gas Turbo with Integrated EBC

fixit

Lifetime Membership
The package/box says 2013 Arctic Cat M-8 With Integrated EBC CBA-A025 Pump Gas. It's on a 2011 M8 Snopro 162. I just picked up the sled last week. It has 186 total miles total. The guy said the numbers are good. It went about 5 miles from the truck and seized. I need good numbers in the worst way. The Max boost showed 10.3 but is set at 7.8. The wastegate is free and the actuator is a 6psi and is working properly. What would cause it to overboost?

My '09 M8 BD PG Turbo runs flawlessly! BUT the box is not even close to the same! I can't use those numbers from the old box!

I've downloaded and read through the installation and operating instructions, but can't find any problems.

Please help if you know what I'm up against!

Thanks,
John

Check the wastegate for proper functionality using an air compressor and the vac line, also check for boost leaks in the vac hoses, or completely disconnected vac hoses. Zip tie the ends to ensure a secure connection on your vac lines.

EDIT: This is how you'd test the vac line / wastegate: If you apply 8psi or more in this case to the vac/boost line going to the wastegate it will operate(you will see the arm moving) If you get more it`s either a sticking wastegate or the vac lines are routed wrong.

Last edited:
Also, when testing, make sure to use a good high octane blend of fuel for protection. I'd run a few gallons of 110 and the rest 91+. And a wideband is a must if you don't have one. You should have a 12.5 WOT reading or less for a safe fuel mixture.

When I ran a boondocker box I would see some higher numbers on occasion also, some times that number stored in the box is from boost spikes. Then it will level off when the actuator takes over.

manual boost gauge is helpful.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that

try calling Boondockers for some ##'s. I hated My Boondocker Turbo. Getting Tech support from them is like making orange Juice out of Lemons. GFL.

Turbo # problems

There are a number of good turbo dealers , contact one that runs a sled at the same alitude ? And offer to pay for good numbers , clutch set up ect , then figure out what boost you want to run and set the numbers to recommend fuel and don't go cheap , and mix the same each fill up , playing around with different fuel mixtures will or can change your runabuilty Example 2gal of 110 to 8gals of 91oct verse 10gals of av. Gas at 100 stay with one mix , also you can pull your heat probe in your exhaust and get an idea from the color on the probe ( a good color will give you another view of over all numbers )

I'm asking for numbers, not advice.

This is my 3rd turbo M series. I'm not a newbie nor an idiot (the sled had fresh supreme fuel). All ran the Boondockers box and Garret turbo. My '09 M8came with the turbo, it was dialed in perfectly and the guy that I bought it from said to keep the numbers to myself! WTF is the deal with sharing numbers?

You suggest that I pay for good numbers? Really? That is INSANE!

I found some numbers on another thread and after weekend of tuning I'm very close! It runs almost as perfect as my '09 M8. I will post my numbers as soon as I feel they are good.... for FREE! Jared at Boondockers is suppose to have some updated numbers. I'm going to get his and compare.

My new sled is a '11 M8 with BD Pump Gas integrated EBC set up by Phatties. This sled had 186 miles on it and seized up first ride about 4 miles into the ride. Siezed again with BD starting numbers about 4 miles into the next ride. Ran very good all weekend with my numbers tweaked from the other thread.

Here's my setup and numbers. 2015 m 8000 with bd pump gas basic kit, non intercooler. Had TDR reeds for first 500 miles and was sluggish below 5000 rpm,flat out ripped after that on 8 lbs. Switched back to stock reeds so I'll see how they work next trip. So here are the starting numbers that were in my bd box. Rpm 4500 00. 00. -04. -05. Rpm 5500 00. 00. -04. -08. Psi 4300 00. 00. 00. 00. Psi 5500 06. 10. 08. 10. Psi 6700 12. 14. 16. 15. Psi 7500 12. 15. 16. 24. Psi 8200 10. 12. 25. 40. Hope this helps.

New numbers from boondocker.
Rpm 4500: 00 00 -04 -05 Rpm 5500: 00 00 -04 -08
Psi 4300: 00 00 00 00 Psi 5500: 14 18 08 10
Psi 6700: 17 16 16 16 Psi 7500: 15 15 16 24
Psi 8200: 10 12 25 40
So far I've had great luck calling boondocker and getting all my questions answered. I'm going to try these new numbers on my next trip as my exhaust temps would run a little warm at trail speeds but run the throttle a little and they were under 1200.

If you already have some rpms it's usually fine. If you're on the right side at an idle and try to take off it's going to bog. Once your used to what sled can do on the right side it's not that bad. My next sled may or may not be tunnel dump.

Yes that is about the same as me. Usually if I am on the gas it usually fine. Pushes its way tho the snow I guess. Just an issue sometimes. Less confidence side hilling on the right side. I have a bog on take off sometimes as well. If I could get those two issues tuned out it would be close to perfect.

Big pete
how current are those numbers? what boost and fuel are you running?
Im pulling the rope on mine tommorrow

Numbers were sent to me this January. The new numbers fixed the lean bog I had when going from wide open and letting off then going wide open again. I'm running in the middle of the original numbers and the ones I just got, I think it's close. It's my first turbo so I'm still learning. Set at 8 pounds on 91 non ethanol.

Premium Features

Back