• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I just bought a Twisted Turbo m8. Advice needed.

I just bought a twisted turbo m8. the thing is so much fun and I am already addicted to the Blow off valve. So I have experience with boosted cars but this is my first boosted sled.
Here are my questions. I was told it is a Race gas turbo (2871?) it runs around 10-12 psi. I ran 110 today and it ran awesome. I would like to get into boost a lot sooner. So my turbo also decided to eat the filter today and it bent some fins. Does anyone have a setup that has minimal lag and is awesome in the trees?
How does the 2860 compare? it is using the attitude controller and I was told It was built by Shaine (?)

Does changing the primary spring effect how quickly you can get into boost?
Thanks!

Get in touch with Shaine he'll help you get it sorted out. Should be able to track him down on FB

I would probably just replace the 2871 but only with a garrett. You could try a 2860 for low boost, 8-9 lbs and under.

I'll be getting a garrett 2860 in the next week. In the meantime I will be running another 2871 that I bought for a car i'm building.
Do you have experience with both the 2871 and the 2860? is there a huge noticeable difference in turbo lag?

I'm curious about this also I have a 60 now with a 71 sitting in a box that needs fixed.

My setup runs a 2873 Tial. You don't need a small turbo to get throttle response. It's all in the setup with clutching and fueling. I run 7lbs.

I installed a 2876 Garrett on a BB m7/8 for a friend.
It spools up right away,no lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little update. I installed my other 2871r. The sled runs good but the new turbo has a 15 psi wastegate which means I either need to swap my other wastegate over or run at 15 lbs of boost. I run 110 straight race gas with a 40:1 oil premix ratio.
Should I be concerned running that much boost?
I'm also having a heck of a time trying to tune my sled. it is always running too rich. (attitude controller)
Fuel pressure was at 38 psi when I bought the sled.
it idles at 14.5 on the wideband. anything other than idle it is rich.
Then sled also put out some black smoke for about 30 seconds after a run up a hill. any help would be appreciated.

What I was referring to is the 28 series turbos spool faster that the 30 series at your elevation. I would put the 9 lb actuator from your other on. It will be much easier to tune. The additude box is kind of pos. It is prob the worst box for consistency, Keep in mind that when you go up in elevation and shut your sled off it resets the additude box per elevation, it never seems to run the same from bowl to bowl. The factory ecu is reducing fuel as you rise in elevation as well as the additude. Most additude boxes are not mapped for enough fuel for 15lbs... so that might be why its lean..its maxed out injector duty cycle.

Premium Features

Back