• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I asked nicely... we'll see

A

AKkatz

Hey there, Mr. Admin.
I am writing to voice an issue that I would love to see resolved. The Alaska section is a very active forum which has served to provide not only a fantastic base of information but has strengthened the snowmachining community, in fact I'm always surprised when I meet a rider whose not on Snow west. So in short thanks, here's the humble request; we really need an Alaska specific classified section. We are an Island up here, and the logistics make it impossible to engage in trade in the same manner as the other states. Please surf on over and take a scroll through our classified-ads thread, you'll quickly see a how unwieldy it is.
For Sale: Sleds/Parts/Whatever ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Please consider this request, it would be most appreciated.
Thanks s7s, Akkatz

I PM'd this to the administration, not sure if it went to the right person or not but I had to try...

Would be nice to have one like the hcs AK section which is practically non existant now, lol. This is where it is at!

I've just read through the requests (and re-read a pm that I received from Akkatz a while back) and would like some more info.

Are you asking for a sub-forum under alaska that is just for sale stuff? Or do you want a specific Alaska section in the Swapmeet. We're a little resistant to this because as you were all told by your parents, teachers, whatever..."If you get one, then everybody will want one."

Sell me on the idea and we'll see what we can do.

Darrin

All right BIG-D!

I would really prefer a sub-forum here under the AK riding area. We kind of use this section as our own forum anyways, and a separate section to sell stuff would help considerably. Its pretty hard to sift through pages and pages of posts.

Thanks for considering it Big-D!

Joe

Affirmative a Sub-section located in the Alaska section would be perfect. Insofar as the other states wanting their own, excluding Hawaii, tell them that we, like the retarded kid who gets to leave class early, have "special needs". Thanks, BD

Clearly, Alaskans do have "special needs", that is not in dispute. :) Please stop licking your monitors.

Do you envision a sub-forum similar to the swap, where it is sub-categorized by riding gear, clothing, etc.?

Darrin

Clearly, Alaskans do have "special needs", that is not in dispute. :) Please stop licking your monitors.

Do you envision a sub-forum similar to the swap, where it is sub-categorized by riding gear, clothing, etc.?

Darrin

Darrin, if you could do that we would love it! You can see how many pages that grows to on here as is. I am sure alot of folks don't even bother posting on it because your post gets burried so quickly. I think we could certianly warrant it. Thanks you.

Darrin,
IMO probably not. As a group we're probably not moving a high enough volume of stuff to warrant such a precise breakdown. If any 4 categories should suffice: sleds/parts, trucks/trailers, clothing/gear, accessories/misc.

Thanks again

*Ultra ninja'd me* Just trying to save the Admins some work to make this happen. I yield to the group. Whatever option is best is fine by me.

Last edited:
Looks like Alaska now has a swap meet section. Cool Beans!

EDIT: Funny I got a db error loading the forum, and clicked reload and it was there. When I clicked Post on this post, the announcement was right above.

It is done. I don't know if you need to log out and back in, but that's what I did and it is there.

Don't thank me, thank the publisher and the admin I'm just the messenger.

Darrin

Thank you publisher:D and admin:D and what the heck thanks bd:eek:

Premium Features

Back