• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I-90 Motorsports avalanche seminar, poker runs, demo rides on snow bikes & sleds!!

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
I-90 Motorsports avalanche seminar, poker runs, demo rides on snow bikes & sleds!!

I-90 Motorsports currently has three events coming up!
1) Free avalanche seminar by the Nortwest avalanche seminar here at our store on thursday 1/31/13 @ 6:30 pm we will have some great deals on gear after the seminar! We carry three brands of airbag backpacks BCA, Snowpulse, and ABS! We also have beacons, probes, shovels, saws and more! Please send me an email, or call me so I have a rough count of people. But please feel free to just show upas well. remko@i-90motorsports.com
2) Poker run at the Last Resort on saturday 2/2/2013 with demos and give aways see attached flyer!
3 Poker run at Green water with the Sno Jammers on 2/9/2013 with demos and give aways see attached flyer always a good time!

2013_fun_run_flyer[1].jpg avalanche seminar.jpg Snowmobile%20Run%20Flyer%20V2590[1].jpg

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
what s going to be covered in the avy seminar,and are you going to have safety gear at the poker runs for hands on demo. and sale?

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
Here is a little sumary of what will be covered in the avy class.

Acronyms are all over the place in the email below: FOAC - Friends of the Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center. AIARE - American Institute of Avalanche Research and Education.

Here is a short description of what will be covered:

FOAC - AIARE AVALANCHE AWARENESS
The FOAC - AIARE Avalanche Awareness Program is offered as a public service to communities, schools and outdoor clubs. Program length is 1-2 hours. Specific programs are in place for middle and high schools, motorized (snowmobile) users, non-motorized (skier, snowboarder, snowshoer) and mixed user groups.
The course is expected to:
• Introduce and explain to students where and why avalanches occur.
• Describe who gets caught and why.
• Provide a basic approach to staying safe in the backcountry.
This course targets the young and unaware backcountry traveler, and introduces the recognition of avalanche danger and how to reduce the risk.
Student Learning Outcomes
• Learn to access local avalanche bulletins and weather reports.
• Recognize basic signs of avalanche danger.
• Learn to avoid avalanche danger.
• Understand the need for companion rescue techniques and equipment.
The course utilizes interactive presentation materials and local case histories and encourages questions from the audience. Participants that are more than casual users of the backcountry are encouraged to take a multiple day avalanche course.

snowrider_ps

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2009
Buckley, WA
www.snowrider.us
Yep it is coming again, Thanks Remko and I-90 for sponsoring again this year, on February 9th we will be having the Sno-Jammers Annual Fun Run at the Government Meadows Cabin. The fun starts @ 10 AM with the last hand being sold @ 1 PM and Prizes and Raffles starting @ 2 PM. Head up Hwy 410 through Greenwater and take a left on Forest Road 70 then follow the signs you can’t miss us! Practice with your avalanche beacon beforehand, it may come in handy if you decide to take the Beacon Challenge; the fastest time on the course will win a prize. Many of our club members and friends will be camping in the Snow Park on Friday night, come on up and join us at the camp fire! Mark your calendar now for a day of food, fun and prizes!

Pre-Registration is now OPEN!!

Pre-register and skip the line at the cabin waiting for your hand. Simply fill out the form and purchase online then bring your printed confirmation to the Pre-Registration table and you are all set.

http://snowrider.us/pre-register.php

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
Thanks Remko,curt and crew for hosting the avy seminar. more great info to keep in mind. and that new showroom turned out nice, easier to find your products. see ya at the poker runs. eddie

Premium Features