• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to remove EBC?

J

jim

EBC is acting up. Can't set it, changing the +HP setting doesn't increase boost, only getting 5 PSI and I'm pretty sure it stopped giving the signal to the boondocker box a few times while on it...bad lean bog.

How can I remove this and go manual? Don't feel like troubleshooting the EBC and the electronic waste gate controller. I know i need a transducer. I have a manual boost controller. How to do this? Thanks.

I just did this to myn a 2010 m8 with bd turbo! On myn i just sealed off the boost refrence line that went to ebc! Then I put in a T off the Boost refrence line off the charge tube! One line going to transducer off the tee the other line going to manual controler then to waste gate! You will also need a different wiring harness to plug into the tranduser instead of your ebc! Good luck!

It's most likely the EBC box. If it's the old style they will upgrade you for around 200 dollars, to the new style. If it's the new style they can fix them in house for a decent price. Give them a call.

Premium Features

Back