• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to drain fuel tank on Matryx

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
End of season and I have always had good luck with draining my tanks empty so I am putting fresh fuel in at the first of the season. I have had that nifty siphon hose for years and never needed it. Now I’m running a boost and it seams I may now finally need it. So I went to siphon the fuel out of my tank and a no go. The end won’t fit past the neck. So what people using to siphon fuel out of the Matryx?

Where is the fuel pump prime plug on the Matryx chassis? The bag near the left front shock tower that housed the fuel pump prime plug on the previous chassis no longer exists. Polaris did do a nice job of labeling all the plugs on the Matryx.

We use a power up cord to the fuel pump prime and remove the pump side line from the tank and push a 3’ length of hose on the pump fitting.
Ya this would work for summer storage. I was hoping for a much simpler method with maybe a smaller Siphon hose.
I’m trying to think if this can be done easily on the side of the trail. I believe you have to get the right side tank panel kind of pried up to get to that connection?

Ya this would work for summer storage. I was hoping for a much simpler method with maybe a smaller Siphon hose.
I’m trying to think if this can be done easily on the side of the trail. I believe you have to get the right side tank panel kind of pried up to get to that connection?
Trail side you tip the entire sled to dump in a water bottle.

Getting out of the backcountry on your buddies gas means maximum fuel usage.

Reactions: TRS
Premium Features

Back