• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How thick is the lake ice??

A
Feb 17, 2008
Chugiak, AK
Anyone know the how thick the smaller lake ice is around Big Lake or in the Willow area?? Just want to know if it is safe enough to run near the edges and do a little testing?? :beer;:beer;

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
down here in soldotna i saw people playin hockey on the ice a few days ago so id say its probably safe since its been cold every night since then

M
Oct 12, 2008
Eagle River, Alaska
Anyone know the how thick the smaller lake ice is around Big Lake or in the Willow area?? Just want to know if it is safe enough to run near the edges and do a little testing?? :beer;:beer;

I heard Wallace lake out around Wasilla was at 5 inches two days ago. Not exactly sure where it is though. We have friends on Trapper Lake and they are reporting 6 inches.

Apr 11, 2008
last weekend only the edges of nancy lake were frozen the center was open I wanted to put on the dry suit and rock the Jet ski around the lake but i decided i dident want to get sick this early in the year.

A
Oct 14, 2008
hey i took my sled out for a test ride with the new can, i was on a pretty big lake down here in kenai and the whole thing was solid

Premium Features