• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Honda's Last Snow Bike........

YEP saw one of those months back on a trailer for sale while visiting Nampa, Idaho ,I heard through rumor they had 50 plus prototypes,the sport still never caught on fire like is is now.

looking way uh head

when I was working as a bike mechanic in the early sixties fix'n triumph's and Honda 55's, Honda said they had developed a light little 10lb generator ? we laughed.....who needs a light little generator.

when Honda sent around a couple of reps in dinky little cars powered by 450 road bike engines, we figured total bull crap, we wanted a GTO not a mini car with 50mph top speed ? then they made the kick and go......still not a household toy, their sleds never emerged..........what else lawn mowers.

wish now they would have stuck with the sno bike concept, we might be a little further along here.

when I was working as a bike mechanic in the early sixties fix'n triumph's and Honda 55's, Honda said they had developed a light little 10lb generator ? we laughed.....who needs a light little generator.

when Honda sent around a couple of reps in dinky little cars powered by 450 road bike engines, we figured total bull crap, we wanted a GTO not a mini car with 50mph top speed ? then they made the kick and go......still not a household toy, their sleds never emerged..........what else lawn mowers.

wish now they would have stuck with the sno bike concept, we might be a little further along here.

I think like many things the power to weight ratio had to develop before many of these ideas could be tried again could you picture trying to lug a 300 lb with 15 hp around in the deep stuff lol

Premium Features

Back