• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hold that tiger.. motor mounts galore

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
m1000.
but would work on m8

4 on that front beam.. pretty self explanatory how to make those
3 outside on motor plate,, as stock
3 upper mount tied to mag side of bulkhead
10 total,stock is 5
pushstop under oil tank
stock bumper between dd and motor plate
i also welded up braces on pto and mag side of bulkhead where common breaks have occurred

i could build some of the triple mounts if enough interest. figure 180-150ish .pm me

mount 008.jpg

Last edited:
S
Feb 21, 2009
wow

m1000.
but would work on m8

4 on that front beam.. pretty self explanatory how to make those
3 outside on motor plate,, as stock
3 upper mount tied to mag side of bulkhead
10 total,stock is 5
pushstop under oil tank
stock bumper between dd and motor plate
i also welded up braces on pto and mag side of bulkhead where common breaks have occurred

i could build some of the triple mounts if enough interest. figure 180-150ish .pm me

That is impressive, looks real tough good work!!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Sweet! Now your going to have to add weight to the clutch, now that the clutching will work properly. Oh and a teeth guard, its going to rattle your teeth a little.

R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
Have you ridden this machine with all 10 mounts on it. Pretty curious as it looks like its going to be too stiff of mounting and all that vibration will be going straight to the chassis.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
i let it idle a while ,, and rode it across the yard once ..

shakes more yes .. /shrug.. i am able to keep my hands on the grips ,, and i was able to steer .. and articulate the throttle

beefed up the bulkhead also

R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
Im anxious to hear from you after you actually ride it. I know how much mine changed in vibration from adding the linderman mount and the stiffer duro mounts.

It felt like a little more vibration at idle and running it across the lawn to load it on the trailer,but once on the mountain and actually riding the vibration was very very noticeable and annoying. In fact I knew exactly when the ear broke off the rear mag mount because the vibration cut about in half or more.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
yup ,, i bulked that ear up good ,, and split the load it see,s in half

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
Minet, I make a custom three mount after seeing your post with your custom mount. I install it on my M8 but i pressed a stock duro mount rather than your 50 duro solid mount. I know that Blackie205 on forum have put a 50 duro on Linderman mount and he say than the vibration is high and the bulkhead crack where he drill the hole for support.After it, he put a stock mount on Linderman and he saying than vibration is more lower. Other people who installed the Linderman with the stock mount dont looking bulkhead crack. On stock mag mount, i know that Reaper, here, put a 50 duro solid on this and the ear of this mount break. It's for this reason I put 3x45 duro mount on my custom three mag mount. The three mag mount this a good idea because, all force is distributed on 3 mounts and not on only one mount (or 2 mount with linderman). Less chance to bulkhead crack, ear mount break, and take more rigid mag side with softer mount. I will test it, but right now, at idle, vibration isn't more higher than before, maybe little but it's definitive not a teeth shaker. So, the mag side on this sled move alot.

This year, on 09' M8, I put,

50 duro on front PTO plate, Horizontal engine mount under engine (PTO side) with 50duro, M7 Snubber under engine, M7 Torque stopper, Custom Three Mag mount with 3x45 duro mount. If i compare with stock dad 07'm8, side by side, my 09 vibrated little more but it's not stupid!

I think my sled will run belt more longer....before, I put 1200miles with a belt before he explode... but I ride WOT at 90-95mph on ice/hardpack lake until 4miles long maybe 2 times on a 80miles ride.:face-icon-small-blu I know! It's a mountain sled! other 72miles is mountain/boondocking/sidehill! loll I need my little top speed moment.:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
hey thats great Marble.
well see how the 45s work out for you. hopefully good

i like the design cause it adds symmetrical support ,, 3 on mag 3 on pto

45s might of been enough ,, its just what i happened to order,, didnt think to much of it .
good luck with your sled this year .. and yes im hopping the added vibration is worthy trade off for better belt life and clutch performance resulting in more power to the ground

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
With ride time, we look it for mag side! but I know (stock form) when you idle, open hood and look engine and take a WOT instant(no clutch engagement just a WOT Snap), the mag side move ALOT. With triple mag mount, MAG side dont move more than PTO side. I looking it.

Thanks for my sled, I really haste to try it. I revalved my all shock by GSR this summer, I read much good review about it! I hate the stock too harsh and too stiff suspension especially since i try 11' M (have a refined valving) and Pro-RMK.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
i am in need of some help. After reading lots on here, i still dont know EXACTLY what i need to get to stiffin the 1000 up so my belt life will inprove...so anyways....:face-icon-small-con

R

Reaper

Nov 27, 2007
Southeast Idaho
I am personally running 50 duro solid mounts on the PTO side, stock 45 duro on the bottom, and rear mag side with the added Linderman mount on the mag side on top of the recoil.

I have no excessive vibrations and it seems to be holding well. I am not saying I am doing it exactly right but it seems to be working, time will tell.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
Im anxious to hear from you after you actually ride it. I know how much mine changed in vibration from adding the linderman mount and the stiffer duro mounts.

It felt like a little more vibration at idle and running it across the lawn to load it on the trailer,but once on the mountain and actually riding the vibration was very very noticeable and annoying. In fact I knew exactly when the ear broke off the rear mag mount because the vibration cut about in half or more.

yah know ,, i just sat on it again at idle in the shed ,, it shakes pretty good now .. and i can see that getting annoying ,, not so mutch on the feet but on the hands

think il put some gel insoles in the boots and get an ISOVIBE riser on the sled .. heh

yes she shakes a lot more ,, hope its not crazy wot

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
yah know ,, i just sat on it again at idle in the shed ,, it shakes pretty good now .. and i can see that getting annoying ,, not so mutch on the feet but on the hands

think il put some gel insoles in the boots and get an ISOVIBE riser on the sled .. heh

yes she shakes a lot more ,, hope its not crazy wot

it will smooth out

B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDgtMjAxMTEwMzEtMjA0NS5qcGc.jpg
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTAtMjAxMTEwMzEtMjEyNi5qcGc.jpg
utf-8BSU1HMDA0OTItMjAxMTAxMTUtMTYzOC5qcGc.jpg
utf-8BSU1HMDA0ODYtMjAxMTAxMTMtMjA1Ni5qcGc.jpg

Reactions: minet
B
Jan 3, 2011
sask
www.youtube.com
i used solid ones but changed to updated green dot in the 06 m7 not sure duro anymore but these work the best last the longest tooo but best mod for these huge tanks r a full torque bracket i got this from a buddy he put it on his m7 mod pushing over 200hp this my next mod for sure as the torque is one of the main causes of these things to eat mounts and also belts do to clutch alignment issues so enjoy guys i iwll help anyone that i can as i have jumped ship i hate to say it but i bought a pro sick of blowing belts and changing mounts maybe the m1 is still in shop so far lol

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
cant find my other pics but i can get some of linderman mount and whatever else u guys r looking for before my sled goes to a new home

Are you saying you're selling your linderman mount? If so, get me some pics of it and what you want for it. I'm looking to buy one.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
thats an interesting tourqe bracket Blackie ,, can you post more pics?

Premium Features